NFS + 2 questions
I finally got NFS working with XBMC. I found out that you really have to read those wiki articles and follow them exactly. In my case I had to use my Mac so ssh into the diskstation and change the privileges. Once I did that I restarted XBMC and added the NFS shares and bam it worked! I watched a movie on my Zotac in my bedroom on wifi and no buffering at all. It seems that NFS is not for beginners at all, at least with my Diskstation.

1st question: movie and XBMC totally froze and crashed about 13 minutes in. Could that just be a program bug or something with NFS? I'm guessing I'd have to turn on debugging and wait and see if it happens again?

2nd question: same system had a small speaker with an X in the upper right of the screen and of course no sound. After quite a bit of messing around I figured out to press the + key and it unmuted. Is there some way for the team to make some kind of onscreen control window instead of users having to press keyboard keys to do certain things?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
1 - yep
2 - bring up the OSD, choose audio, volume is the first menu item (mute would be -60.0 db), press right-arrow to increase
For the NFS issue you'll need to get a full debug log and post it. There's no way to know what caused the crash with the limited information you've provided.

For the 2nd question, assuming you're using a remote control, you should be able to map the buttons, I think you need to investigate keyboard.xml for this.
live4ever, what OSD?

Sureguy, yeah I knew that would be the case. I'm not sure if it even was related to NFS or not. Only way to find out is enable Debugging I guess.

On this computer I'm using a remote that has a touchpad and kini keyboard (forgot the name of it). I wasn't even aware that XBMC had an OSD for these commands like volume and such.

Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
How do you get that to come up?
(2012-03-20, 20:25)patseguin Wrote: How do you get that to come up?

There is an audio settings button on the drop down on screen controls. I forget what key it is.
(2012-03-20, 20:44)hams1000 Wrote:
(2012-03-20, 20:25)patseguin Wrote: How do you get that to come up?

There is an audio settings button on the drop down on screen controls. I forget what key it is.

M

JR
Well the lockup of XBMC happened again last night so I guess it's time to debug. Will the devs actually look and suggest a solution? I don't recall any activity the last time I uploaded a log.
If you post a debug log it's possible that someone will look into it. There aren't any guarantees.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS + 2 questions0