[SOLVED] Using foldername for episode season/ep lookup
Hello!
Been trying to figure this one out for a while, but i cannot seem to find it mentioned on the wiki or forum;

Is it possible to use parent folder for season/episode lookup instead of the filename when scraping tv-shows? I have some weird releases with the filenames like:
smb://filesrv/tv-shows/showname/season.01/showname.s01e01.bdrip/title.of.episode.mkv
Instead of renaming 20+ seasons of this format, it would be nice with an advanced option to be able scrape using the foldername.

Any ideas accepted with thanks Smile

/runnane
Yes - "just" modify the regexps to support that layout - an easy way is removing the bit at the end that forces no slashes to occur after the match.

See advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and feel free to ask questions/ask for confirmation about your proposed changes etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I had the same problem as you had, i didnt find a other solutuion other then rename all. There is a program called ReNamer where you manuelly set the rules and it does all the renaming for you. I used that one, and it went rather quick.
(2012-03-20, 22:45)jmarshall Wrote: Yes - "just" modify the regexps to support that layout - an easy way is removing the bit at the end that forces no slashes to occur after the match.

See advancedsettings.xml (wiki) and feel free to ask questions/ask for confirmation about your proposed changes etc.

Excellent, thanks! I added a append regex:
<regexp>[\._ \-][Ss]([0-9]+)[Ee]([0-9]+)[\._ \-][Ss]</regexp>

It added the series. Lets home i don't get to many false positives from this. Smile

/run

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Using foldername for episode season/ep lookup0