Which is best for xbmc
I'd like to buy a small set top box. I've had xbmc on media center pc's before but that won't really fit in my living room now. I have a fileserver and would like something that I can just turn on and stream from there. I was thinking either an ATV (latest model) or a Raspberry PI would work and at least stream 720p over wireless N. Though if thats to slow I can always cat5 to it.

Any suggestions/pitfalls with either of these?
You'll have to wait for a jailbreak etc but the latest apple tv will probably meet your needs the most!
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
Ah I was gearing this more towards ATV2. But the new ATV 3 looks pretty promising as well.
I also am interested in apple TV. The only thinks that stops me in the megabit lan port.
To stream my FULLHD mkv films (up to 16GB) i need a GIGABIT port.

Don't know why apple does only megabit!

(2012-03-22, 16:39)gerazzo Wrote: I also am interested in apple TV. The only thinks that stops me in the megabit lan port.
To stream my FULLHD mkv films (up to 16GB) i need a GIGABIT port.

Don't know why apple does only megabit!

A good guess would be price.
If you want simple just get a pulse eight box. Pretty much up and running out of the box
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which is best for xbmc0