Ripping question
I've been ripping my library locally and then copying my files to my NAS. Would it be faster and make more sense just to rip them right to the correct place on the NAS?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
It depend on the link between your computer and the NAS (Wired 10/100/1000 or Wireless A/B/G/N). If it's hardwired, then you'd probably save some time by ripping it directly to the NAS, I would not bother if it was wireless though. You'd end up doing more harm than good.
Living Room: ASUS Chromebox / OpeneElec 5 / Kodi 14.2
Bedroom: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Home Office: Amazon FireTV Stick / Kodi 14.2
Windows Server: Intel Core i3-2100T / 8GB Ram / 48TB / MySQL / StableBit DrivePool on Server 2012 R2 Standard
(2012-03-21, 00:29)patseguin Wrote: I've been ripping my library locally and then copying my files to my NAS. Would it be faster and make more sense just to rip them right to the correct place on the NAS?
You can try to rip two movies of the same size. One movie to local drive, and then transfer it to NAS. Another movie rip it directly to NAS. If it is wire network, I bet directly to NAS is faster process....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ripping question0