hd-trailers.net alternative for imdb scraper
hi guys,

I have been using the imdb scraper as there is always more info on imdb then there is on tmdb

the only thing that is bugging me with the imdb scraper is the trailer support. it has two options: hd-trailers.net and youtube

youtube option is hit or miss, sometimes it gets foreign language or low res trailers

hd-trailers.net is very accurate at finding trailers, however a great majority of them link to yahoo movies/trailers. and yahoo sucks in terms of bandwidth. I am on a 30Mbit connection and cannot stream a trailer without buffering in the middle. (this is with 480p trailers. . . pathetic)

if I use youtube to stream a 720p trailer, the whole thing is downloaded in 20 seconds or so (a 3-4 min trailer) but yahoo trailers is unable to stream a 480p stream even real time.

my question is twofolds: is there a better source for streaming trailers for imdb scraper? (maybe tmdb trailers??)

and also is there an easy way to rescrape just the trailers in the library?? I have my library exported to individual files so I have nfo's for every movie. If I ignore them and refresh, it will take forever and will get messed up.

Thanks
TMDb is also youtube (although probably better qualified links compared to just simple scrape Youtube).
So you say you want youtube links from TMDb?
Like you said, youtube links can be awesome as long as they are handpicked like they are on tmdb.

The last time I used the tmdb scraper was when they first switched to the new layout and introduced multiple trailer input. I honestly don't know how reliable they are for trailers now.

If they are pretty reliable, then I guess I would love to see trailer scraping from tmdb within the imdb scraper Smile

Thanks
(2012-03-21, 08:35)olympia Wrote: TMDb is also youtube (although probably better qualified links compared to just simple scrape Youtube).
So you say you want youtube links from TMDb?

I guess your answer was more of a "if you want it, write the code" type :-)

I wish I could. . . I did submit a couple of patches for this scraper in the past but they have been simple regex changes to comply with imdb.com's html code changes.

When I attempted to modify the tmdb scraper to get the ratings from imdb, I realized it was way over my head and had to quit.

I was hoping someone capable would also be interested in having the imdb scraper get the trailer links from tmdb and decide to tackle it, but oh well. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Are there any scrapers that you know of, that retrieves info from multiple sources that I can use as reference?

Thanks
(2012-03-29, 22:10)aptalca Wrote: I guess your answer was more of a "if you want it, write the code" type :-)

No, it wasn't. However I have a baby to take care of atm. He was born on 23. March. I hope this explains.
I plan to look at your request.
Oh wow, congratulations on the new addition to the family

and sorry for jumping to conclusions Blush
Thanks! Smile

Done in IMDb scraper v2.4.0.
Man, you're just plain AWESOME!!

Now I have 720p trailers with no buffering. This scraper is now perfect!!

Thanks a lot.
oh and by the way, in case anyone is interested in replacing their old yahoo trailer links with youtube ones without exporting and re-importing (because it messes up the recently added and the date added sorting) the newest ember is able to hook up to xbmc web control and directly update the database (sqlite or mysql) with just the new trailers.

Use ember once to update all the existing links, then change the imdb scraper settings (make sure you do it through editing the source) and you're good to go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hd-trailers.net alternative for imdb scraper0