MPEG2 videos created by LG recorder hang
Many of my videos were recorded by an LG DVD recorder. When I try to play them in XBMC they either don't start (in version 10.1) or play for 10 seconds and stop (in 11RC2), with the time counter continuing to move forward. If I fast forward I can get past these points, but the fast forwarded video stutters every few seconds. I tried this with both the DVD's themselves (where even fast forwarding doesn't always work) and with videos ripped off them using avidemux, in either MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS or MKV containers (without re-encoding).

These videos play well in Windows Media Center / Player, on my standalone streamer and on a normal DVD player, so I don't know what the problem with XBMC is, but it makes it impossible for me to use it.
(2012-03-21, 08:40)ET3D Wrote: Many of my videos were recorded by an LG DVD recorder. When I try to play them in XBMC they either don't start (in version 10.1) or play for 10 seconds and stop (in 11RC2), with the time counter continuing to move forward. If I fast forward I can get past these points, but the fast forwarded video stutters every few seconds. I tried this with both the DVD's themselves (where even fast forwarding doesn't always work) and with videos ripped off them using avidemux, in either MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS or MKV containers (without re-encoding).

These videos play well in Windows Media Center / Player, on my standalone streamer and on a normal DVD player, so I don't know what the problem with XBMC is, but it makes it impossible for me to use it.

It might be a well known problem (I'm not aware of it) but the first thing you'll be asked for is a debug log regardless.. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708 - specifically the 'Where is my (debug) log section'.

It might also be helpful if you can export the info from one of the problematic files via MediaInfo http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en (just open the file in MediaInfo then File->Export->Text, tick advanced->Specify filename.

Paste the logs to Pastebin and hopefully a dev will be able to tell you what's going on.
Thanks for the reply. For now I've installed MediaPortal, which can play the videos, and will try to configure it to my liking. When I finally get my HTPC working the way I like it I might go back and do these things in XBMC so that there's a chance this will get fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPEG2 videos created by LG recorder hang0