mySQL timeout to SQLite
I apologize if this has been covered, but several searches came up empty. I read the blog post on Summer of Code and noticed that there is going to be a focus on environments with multiple XBMC’s. Since many of those XBMC’s are going to be mobile (tablets and notebooks) it would be nice if they could know when they are on the home network and when they should only display local media. For example, I have a fileserver for my media that is also running a mySQL library for the multiple XBMC’s in my house. One of those XBMC’s is on a Windows notebook which has media on the HDD that I have pulled off of the fileserver so that it can be accessed when I am on the road. Right now if I’m off network XBMC hangs at on the splash screen. I assume that this is because it can’t connect to the mySQL DB. It would be great if it timed out and instead defaulted to the standard local SQLite files. That way when I am on the road I only see the local media.
Athlon x2 3.0GHz, 4GB, 80GB Intel 320 SSD, 3.5TB NAS4FREE, OpenElec, Frodo, Xperience 1080
It should (eventually) timeout and drop back to sqlite already.

Check your debug log.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

See here: HOW-TO:Sync multiple libraries/MySQL and portable devices (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mySQL timeout to SQLite0