Macros in XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
newbie2020 Offline
Possibility of creating and running macros in XBMC

Have you ever imagined how many clicks it takes from the time XBMC is started to navigate to your favorite app/video add on.

It will be a great help to have an ability to create and run macros so the navigation can be more easier.

PS: If there is already a way to do this let me know.
find quote
Martijn Offline
Team Kodi
(2012-03-21 12:19)newbie2020 Wrote:  Possibility of creating and running macros in XBMC

Have you ever imagined how many clicks it takes from the time XBMC is started to navigate to your favorite app/video add on.

It will be a great help to have an ability to create and run macros so the navigation can be more easier.

PS: If there is already a way to do this let me know.

IMO 4 or 5 clicks isn't that much work.

You can already add plugin/scripts/playlists to favourites which you can call by adding them to your keymap or the favourites menu

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting.
Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first

For your mediacenter artwork go to
[Image: fanarttv.png]
find quote
HenryFord Offline
Posting Freak
Also - in most skins there is indeed an option "startup window" where you can choose to land after XBMC starts up.
Another solution would be to look at something like autohotkey to define own macros as you like.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

[Image: all-fanart.jpg]
find quote