Screen flickering
Thanks mate.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2zjc4g2.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/ogaqkx.png

I need to get some sleep now. I really do appreciate your help on this.

If you need more screenshots, let me know which ones you want specifically, and I'll upload in the morning.

Take care
There is an EDID override for your receiver - you can find a link here. You'll have to read up a little to use it, but it should give you the DTS-MA/TrueHD the build I gave you is capable of with that reciever.

That site (AVS Forum) is the be-all-and-end-all for issues related to GPU-receiver handshaking issues over HDMI, along with a zillion other great things. But if you grab the zip file I linked to and read post #1 of that thread it should take care of the receiver not reporting DTS-MA capability.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Take care - I'll watch for your results Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-22, 04:33)DDDamian Wrote: There is an EDID override for your receiver - you can find a link here. You'll have to read up a little to use it, but it should give you the DTS-MA/TrueHD the build I gave you is capable of with that reciever.

That site (AVS Forum) is the be-all-and-end-all for issues related to GPU-receiver handshaking issues over HDMI, along with a zillion other great things. But if you grab the zip file I linked to and read post #1 of that thread it should take care of the receiver not reporting DTS-MA capability.

I've grabbed the file. But now the write up on that particular forum seems to be a bit hard to comprehend lol.

What do I now do with the bin and text file? Any ideas?
You go to sleep and I'll walk you through it tomorrow Smile
When you're ready mate lol
I think I may of got it sorted.

The thread starter on the link you gave me asked for the edid and moninfo files I created.

So I've posted them and he is going to make the required mod.

I'll post back when I know more.

Wiggo
Hey wiggo - Tulli over at AVS Forums is the guru behind solving many of the EDID issues like the one you're facing. Guess by now you've read some of the installation instructions to get the patch going. If not, here's a fairly clear guide.

Keep me posted Smile
(2012-03-22, 17:54)DDDamian Wrote: Hey wiggo - Tulli over at AVS Forums is the guru behind solving many of the EDID issues like the one you're facing. Guess by now you've read some of the installation instructions to get the patch going. If not, here's a fairly clear guide.

Keep me posted Smile

Hi DDDamian

I've been in contact with Tulli and he has made an inf mod for me and it works. I've just asked him why I am getting a problem whereas the sound drops every few seconds. He has yet to reply, but as soon as he does, I'll let ya know.

Thanks again for your help mate.

Wiggo
@wiggo - I've been following your posts on AVS Forums - keep in mind XBMC does *not* use lav splitter or ffdshow, or other external codec packs. Installing those will not make a difference to XBMC mainline versions. You simply need the EDID overrides, not additional codecs!
(2012-03-22, 20:10)DDDamian Wrote: @wiggo - I've been following your posts on AVS Forums - keep in mind XBMC does *not* use lav splitter or ffdshow, or other external codec packs. Installing those will not make a difference to XBMC mainline versions. You simply need the EDID overrides, not additional codecs!

Oh right. Thanks for that mate.

Do you think I'll be able to just install CCC and that will be enough? I know I'll have to install the edid file too.
I think that would be the best step - XBMC is designed to be self-reliant and not use external codecs as much as possible. There's a whole other development of it (DSPlayer) that does use external codecs, but things will get complicated fast, and I don't think it's necessary with your hardware.
(2012-03-22, 20:28)DDDamian Wrote: I think that would be the best step - XBMC is designed to be self-reliant and not use external codecs as much as possible. There's a whole other development of it (DSPlayer) that does use external codecs, but things will get complicated fast, and I don't think it's necessary with your hardware.

Good. I'm glad you sad that lol.

I don't suppose you know anything about stub files do you? Wink

I stumbled across a post earlier and I'm interested in using them for my external rips I have. But I don't know how you go about creating them.
I don't use them personally (all my stuff is ripped to HDDs), but wait till you get local stuff playing correctly Smile

Let me know when you have the EDID override in place and try play some movies.
(2012-03-22, 20:45)DDDamian Wrote: I don't use them personally (all my stuff is ripped to HDDs), but wait till you get local stuff playing correctly Smile

Let me know when you have the EDID override in place and try play some movies.

Will do.

Going to do another fresh install and then take it from there.

But before I do, can I avoid installing the Realtek drivers, or will I need to install them too?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering0