Screen flickering
Just stick with the AMD/ATI drivers for now - they work fine on my rig and should on yours too.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-22, 21:03)DDDamian Wrote: Just stick with the AMD/ATI drivers for now - they work fine on my rig and should on yours too.

Roger, roger Smile
Hi yet again lol

I've done the fresh install, downloaded and installed CCC, installed the EDID file and installed XBMC.

I've configured it on both the playback device and within XBMC to play 5.1 Wasapi AMD and all the other settings as per your link yesterday, but the stuttering sound still persists.

Everything else plays great.

Any ideas mate.
Fun eh? Okay, let's recap

1) you can play everything now (including multichannel FLAC, DD and DTS, but DTS-MA stutters?
2) the flicker is gone?
3) your receiver is switching correctly to DD, DTS, DTS-MA?

Just want to be clear on what works and what doesn't.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
It sure is lol.

1) Yes and yes
2) Nope Sad
3) Yes

I just thought for a minute it might be the HDMI cables to the amp and then to the tv. But then I remembered it played fine via VLC.

And is the flicker (2) on all vids or just one? SD or HD?

Also, try again in VLC and see if DTS-MA lights up (I doubt it will)
(2012-03-22, 23:44)DDDamian Wrote: And is the flicker (2) on all vids or just one? SD or HD?

Also, try again in VLC and see if DTS-MA lights up (I doubt it will)

Its on the majority of them. It's not persistent though. Just randomly now and again, but always in the same place.

You were right about VLC. Nothing but PCM.
Are these all ripped with the same software? And sorry, randomly but always in the same place?
Various over the years, and a few I've aquifer over the years too.

Yeah, random at anytime, but always in the same place.

In other words, it doesn't happen constantly. It will just flicker at random places, but in that same place if I play the same part again.

Sorry for confusing you lol
Okay - make sure all your settings in the audio device properties look exactly like these:

If there are *any* differences tell me what they are - any difference at all is important.
Same for these - *any* difference tell me:

And here:
I've just away from the pc at the minute. I'll have a look when I get back.

I do know that the last image hasn't been moved.
I only got a 5.1 system. Should I still have it set to 7.1?

I've got it set to 5.1 on the speaker configuration in the playback devices.
5.1 is fine - any other differences? be very specific
Give me half an hour or so and I'll report back if that's ok?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering0