Screen flickering
Sure - better to be complete and specific Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
The only difference's were that I didn't have "Disable all enhancements" checked. I've checked that now.

The other's were that I didn't have "Render Method - DXVA" I had it on Auto Detect. I also had "Boost Volume Level on Downmix", I've changed that to off.

I'm in the process off downloading some DTS HD MA demos. I'll report back to see if they stutter too.

Scratch the popping on the DTS HD MA film.

I only had the one on my hard drive and it must be corrupt in some way because I've just tried the demos and they are spotless. The DTS HD logo appears on the amp too. So all is good on that.

Just need to eradicate the flicker.
Alright! Progress. So you have HD audio bitstreaming working. Now, for this flicker, about the only things I can think of that may be causing it are:

1) Adjust refresh rate to match video - pic 1 in post 71. Off should be less flicker, but you can try it on and it will change your display's refresh rate to match the video frame rate.

2) Settings>System>Video Output>Vertical blank sync should be "Always On"

3) In the same tab as 2) above "Use a fullscreen window instead of true fullscreen" should be OFF

4) Sync Playback to Display - pic 1 in post 71. Should be used with care. If you enable it, it going to give you some options in the A/V sync method below it:
4a) sync to audio clock - will probably give you worst video sync but smooth audio including HD audio
4b) drop/dupe audio or resample audio - will probably give you best video sync but may affect audio dropouts

5) If you do adjust 1) above, go into Catalyst Control Center, go to the My Flat Panel TV tab, and under HDTV Settings make sure all the resolutions and frequencies your TV supports are enabled in the bottom box.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I've set 1 - 4.

Now on the CCC , I've highlighted the other display modes available. So does that mean they are now configured in the display set up within CCC?
The problem persists mate.

I think I've taken up enough of your time trying to solve this problem.

I'll call a friend of mine to see if he can lend me his GPU to see if it makes any difference.
Yeah, that's the next step, because you really should be good now. Grab a spare HDMI cable while your at it, although those usually work or don't. It's really down to hardware now though.
I do appreciate your time and effort though mate.

Hat's off to you Smile
NP mate - sorry it didn't work. Will stay subscribed to this thread and if your try with another GPU looks promising post here! All the best
Well that didn't take long to sort out.

I changed the HDMI cable from the BD/DVD input on the amp to VCR/DVR and the flickering has now gone.

I knew it would be something as simple as that Smile

Thanks again DDDamian

(2012-03-22, 00:27)DDDamian Wrote: Are you sure your receiver is all good? HDMI cables okay? Worth swapping those around to test.

Doh! Page 4 of this thread lol. So it could have been a bad connection or perhaps a bad input on the receiver? Receiver input setting? Ah well, it's often the little things - glad to hear you're up and running mate. You got to learn quite a bit along the way which is all good. Thanks for letting me know it's solved (I don't sleep at nights lol) and enjoy the coolness that is XBMC Cool
Oh I see what you mean. I probably interpreted it as trying different cables lol.

On a sidenote. I once lived in Edmonton, Alberta Smile
Colllllld lol - I'm near Toronto. About 20 degrees warmer and less cowboys in assless chaps lol.
Hello!

I'm having the same problem so I''ve gone through this entire forum to see what's the deal with it Smile So it seems it's just a problem of the HDMI cable? Do you know if someone else has experienced this problem (besides the person who reported it of course).

I did notice I had my HDMI cable all twisted in circles and that may cause noise in the cable so I've layed it out differently and I'm tasting what happens.

Any kind of information would be great.

Thanks!
Fede.-

PS: I can't thank you guys enough for this amazing software, I first starting using it with my old XBOX and I haven't found anything better yet Smile Keep it on!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering0