Screen flickering
All done.
Okay - is your library all there again? Give it a try
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Yeah.

It doesnt have the covers, but thats fine. I can sort that out after.

I just tried to play the DTS-HD-MA file, it came back with the same problem - Failed to initialize audio device - check your audio settings.

I've clicked on several options, all to no avail.
okay - you need to select a WASAPI source for the HD stuff in the Settings>System>Audio Device tab - near the bottom. Select your driver with WASAPI in front of it. You will also need to go to the Windows audio properties (right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar) and select Playback Devices.

A window pops up - select the HDMI output, then set it as default. Click properties, go to the last tab (Advanced) and check the two boxes for "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive applications priority".
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Still nothing happening.

The flickering is still there too.

I do appreciated your help mate.
Are you sure you're running the new build? In C:\program files (x86)\XBMC-HD??

Your audio settings should look similar to the pictures in this post: HD Audio build
Yeah. I've got it set up exactly like that.

Just a thought, but do you think a fresh install of Windows 7 could be in order?

I have installed the Realtek HD drivers just recently when I saw this page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid688708. I wasn't too sure whether I installed the full suite or not.

If so, which drivers would you recommend I install for my set up after?

GPU: Radeon HD 6570 with HDMI out (Obviously Wink)
I don't think you need a Windows reinstall, but up to date drivers is important. Search for and install Catalyst Control Center 12.1 (make sure of version). When it's done go to your control panel and make sure the audio device is ATI HDMI audio driver version 7.12.0.7705 dated 12/6/2011 or newer.

If you still have issues re-post a new Debug Log - the steps we've taken should have cleaned it up significantly and I'll take another look at it now that everything's up to snuff.
Also, if you've been following the 1st post in the thread you linked, you will need a little different setup for DTS-MA as I outlined in my post earlier in this thread about WASAPI. But first get those drivers d/loaded and installed, then make sure your audio properties are set in both XBMC and Win as described.
Yeah. The drivers are ok. But the version of CCC is 12.3. Would that make a difference?

http://pastebin.com/FGtWXU86

Nope, even better. And your driver is the ATI HDMI one? Just gonna review your log now.
Yeah. It says:

AMD High Definition Audio Device

Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices
Driver Date: 06/12/2011
Driver Version: 7.12.0.7705
Okay, WASAPI is not initializing correctly, so let's see what's up there:
Code:
17:02:32 T:3828   ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device.  Channels: 8, Rate: 192000, Bits/sample: 16.
17:02:32 T:3828   ERROR: CWin32WASAPI::Initialize: WASAPI initialization failed.

Can you go to your Windows audio settings and check that you see DTS-HD listed in the box as shown?

Then, go to the Advanced tab and make sure both checkboxes are ticked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "Give exclusive applications priority". They should both be enabled.

In XBMC make sure you have HDMI selected in Settings>System>Audio devices and have a WASAPI (not a DirectSound) audio device selected - should say something like "WASAPI: ATI AMD High Definition Audio Device". If it says DirectSound please select a WASAPI version from the drop-down box. All the passthrough boxes should be checked and the one that says "- receiver supports" should say "DTS-HD Master Audio".

The good news is the huge number of PVR errors is gone from your log, which was the initial issue, now we just have to setup your audio side correctly...
Done all of the above and still no change.

I have the exact same settings as displayed in the pic you posted. I'm assuming you only have 5 encoded formats available?

According to the AMD website, the card I have is capable of the following:

Integrated HD audio controller
Output protected high bit rate 7.1 channel surround sound over HDMI or DisplayPort with no additional cables required
Supports AC-3, AAC, Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master Audio formats.

I am at a loss mate Sad
Don't give up lol.

Yes, mine also shows five encoded formats. Your card should work fine with this.

Okay, three other things to check:
1) in that same Windows audio device box make sure volume is 100% in the levels tab, and any enhancements are disabled in the enhancements tab. You've already ticked the boxes in the advance tab, correct?
2) use the Windows audio device window to "Test" your connection - you should get little sounds from each speaker. If not, turn your amp on and off, if still not reboot windows - this must work or nothing else will
3) in XBMC set the volume to 100% by pressing the + key and holding it.

Then check to see if you have audio on any XBMC source (music, Dolby movies, etc). Just need to know if it's only HD audio not working at this point.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering0