Screen flickering
I just downloaded a sample DTS HD MA Clip to see if the file itself was the problem.

But that came up with the same response.
Yeah, the problem is in initializing the WASAPI output - see my previous post.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Still the same.

Everything else plays ok. Not a problem at all.

I've just tried a blu ray in my ps3 and that lights up the red dts hd ma logo on the front of the amp.

I'm in need of a fresh install anyway I think mate, so do you think you could provide me with the necessary links for all the drivers I'll need for the card, or will the the latest version of CCC be enough for everything including the HDMI Drivers.

If I need to download the Realtek audio drivers, could you guide me to the full suite. I can't find them anywhere.

I have a feeling something maybe conflicting somewhere.

You've been really helpful.
Hey no problem. Okay at least the flicker is gone and now the only issue is DTS-MA, correct? Latest version of CCC is fine, If you want to try the RealTek drivers the latest are here.

I don't think there's a Windows issue per se, as long as you're up to date for Windows Update. You'd be better off to take some screenshots of your settings in XBMC and Windows CP.

Keep me posted - PM if necessary Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Just throwing this since I was playing around with settings today... In my NVidia control panel I enabled Dynamic Contrast Adjustment and the picture went all kinds of screwy!

Gotta be careful what all your settings are, pc, xbmc, receiver and TV...
Just checked for the flicker and it is still there.

I'm downloading the necessary drivers for the card now. I'll then do a fresh install with the XBMC exe you linked me to earlier and see what occurs.

Cheers mate
I've done the fresh install and the problem is still the same with both the flickering and the DTS HD problem.

But I have now noticed that the wasapi driver in the settings on XBMC now reads Realtek. So they are installed correctly.

Now on the Playback Devices section, it now says Max number of channels: 2. Whereas before it said 6. But it does read the 5 supported formats.

I have since downloaded TMT and tried to play a blu ray with HD sound. It didn't play HD MA, it looks like it downsampled it from HD to just plain DTS. It did the same with the MKV file too.
Are you sure your receiver is all good? HDMI cables okay? Worth swapping those around to test.

The next step would be to revert back to the ATI/AMD driver (it should work fine) and do a google search on your receiver make/model and "EDID". This may be a situation where the receiver is reporting incorrect data back over HDMI.
I'm also curious about the "flicker" - it appeared it was caused by all the pvr-related errors, which are now gone. Can you define it a little better? Are they dropped frames? If you run a movie and press the letter "O" to bring up the diagnostics info does it report dropped frames?
(2012-03-22, 00:27)DDDamian Wrote: Are you sure your receiver is all good? HDMI cables okay? Worth swapping those around to test.

The next step would be to revert back to the ATI/AMD driver (it should work fine) and do a google search on your receiver make/model and "EDID". This may be a situation where the receiver is reporting incorrect data back over HDMI.

Yeah, receiver is all good. The PS3 plays DTS HD with no problem at all.

I just swapped the HDMI for the PS3 for the one I'm using for the PC and the problem still persists.

Could you give me a link for the ATI/AMD driver please mate? Just in case I download the wrong one. Or is it the CCC12.3 driver again?

I checked and the latest I could find it CCC12.2, but I'm using 12.1 and it works just fine. If thid doesnt work I'd be starting to worry about the video card itself.
Still the same mate.

What a nightmare. Do all gpu's have this problem?
Not at all - in fact you've got a pretty good GPU. Frankly I'd be worried about the GPU itself now though. We've run through the list of things to get you running - your setup should handle everything you throw at it, Did you google your receiver and "EDID"? And did it show dropped frames if you play a movie and press the letter "O" to bring up the diagnostics?

Do those two things, and if still no luck I'd need some screenshots of your settings in XBMC. You can press the PrintScreen key on your keyboard and it will save the images in your user directory (where we were moving database files).
I tried to find some info on my amp and gpu, but no good lol.

It's an Onkyo HT-R548 and the GPU is HD 6570.

I couldnt tell whether I was getting dropped frames on the display. I've taken screenshots, but I don't know how to upload onto this site.

Okay - I'll check out the amp and EDID issues - Onkyo is kinda famous for them.

Easiest way to upload pics is to go to tinypic.com, upload them, they give you a link (use the last link they give) and paste that link here. Do this for each pic - you can place them all in one message if you like. Do that while i check into your amp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen flickering0