Can't find TV shows ...
I can't seem to find how to "add content" for TV shows.

I searched all over the XBMC system to locate TV shows, settings, add content so I can point the system to where I added a TV show episode. I followed the naming convention and I can load the file and play it.

What I can't do is have the system find the show, "scrape it" (tvdb) and add the fan art and other info.

Am I missing something?

(been all through settings, system, etc....I am using the Confluence skin).

Thanks
So you've added the directory as a source then have you set it as tv show?
Then you'll need to update the library/ scan for new content.

Which part are you up to?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
I did not set it as a tv show - I did not see where to do that?
I did name a directory: /TV then named a subdirectory for the show /TV/Show then put the file in that directory: /TV/Show/Show.s01e01.ISO

After that, I restarted XBMC to scan for new content and it did not find the TV show.

(It did find a movie I added. The movie part works fine)
Take a look here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
Hi hmol ...

I did take a look at the reference you posted. That's where I started and learned the naming convention.
I just can't seem to "add content" no matter where I look.

Also - maybe this is important ... when I use the XBMC remote on my Android phone (which works great by the way), I can see my movies, but when I click on TV shows, nothing shows up. So XBMC has no "knowledge" that I added anything.
(2012-03-21, 17:18)mjz3348 Wrote: Hi hmol ...

I did take a look at the reference you posted. That's where I started and learned the naming convention.

Also - maybe this is important ... when I use the XBMC remote on my Android phone (which works great by the way), I can see my movies, but when I click on TV shows, nothing shows up. So XBMC has no "knowledge" that I added anything.

You need to set content on the source that you have your tv content in. Bring up the context menu and set content on it.

Alternatively, this guide shows you how to do it and includes a video too

http://www.thexbmcguide.com/2012/03/19/h...ce-to-xbmc
Nice link! (shame it's dharma - but still nice link)

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Thanks Prae5 ! The link did the trick.
Problem solved ...
(2012-03-21, 17:18)mjz3348 Wrote: Hi hmol ...

Just wondering, were the other pages in that guide not clear, or did you not see the links? Not trying to be rude, just trying to honestly improve the wiki :)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't find TV shows ...0