Win Having Trouble With Video Files
I downloaded some 1080 files and XBMC is having trouble playing them. Here's the description of the files:

Quote:1920x1080, x264 10bit

English DTS 5.1 1509 kbps
English commentary 2.0 vorbis

10 bit encode. You need up to date decoders, like LAV, VLC 2.0 , some builds of mplayer, etc. No external players.

Playback is extremely slow, grainy, low quality - What's going on here? Can anyone help?
Pretty sure XBMC doesn't support 10 bit encodes yet. http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Hi10P_playback
Yep - not till a new version of FFMpeg is merged, which isn't going to be right away, although it's likely to happen in nightlies before Frodo.

For now you'd have to re-encode to play them in XBMC.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Best way to do that? Would it be easier just to redownload something thats not 10 bit?
To transcode your best bet is Handbrake. Probably best to just start with the High Profile preset.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having Trouble With Video Files0