Black edge all around the image
Hi guys

First off, I'm very new to the XBMC community and I have just used the program for a couple of days. I have a very annoying problem when I try to watch any video in xbmc. Whenever I play a video, may it be SD, 720p or 1080p/i the image does not fill the whole screen. This problem only occur in XBMC, I have tried vlc and it worked perfect. The problem does not appear when I'm in the menus in XBMC, neither if I look at pictures.

XBMC is running in win7 on a new htpc.

*Asus E45M1-M PRO
* 4 Gb of ram
*yada yada

My tv is a Philips 55pfl7606t. I have tried every possible setting on the tv, without any result. When I first connected the pc, I had to adjust overscan in CCC the get the desktop to fill the whole screen.

I'm absolutely puzzled. I've fiddled with almost every setting in the video and system menus in XBMC, and I can't get this to work. Any suggestions?
There's a growing thread on this with a few solutions that's very active, just search

Here's one: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125607

Usually has to do with setting up refresh rates properly.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Oh. My search fu was not good at all. Thank you!
Np - hope that thread get's you set up. Welcome to the forums btw - hope you enjoy XBMC Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thank you. Actually, it did. I unchecked "adjust display refresh rate to match video" and now it works like a charm.

I'm in love with xbmc already. Now I just have to get all the cool add-ons and mess everything up Big Grin
Have fun friend - it's a great program Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black edge all around the image0