ATI Mobility HD5470, DXVA Black screen
Hi,

I'm trying to use XBMC on my laptop, its a Toshiba Satellite with a Radeon HD5470 Mobility chip. Latest Eden build on Win7 64.

If I use software decoding, it stutters on some files. It's an I5, but it's still not good enough for smooth playback.

If I use DXVA, I just get a black screen with sound. This has been the same on all builds of XBMC since Dharma.

I can't use the catalyst drivers since ATI says they are incompatible, and I must use the OEM drivers. The OEM drivers haven't been updated since 2010.

What are my options?
I find the Catalyst drivers work on most setups. You can always boot to safe mode or roll them back if they don't.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
It just won't install, says it can't find any compatible hardware. I did track down another "mobility" catalyst driver that did install, but then it said I already had the latest version (which is the Toshiba OEM version from 2010).

Any way to force a driver install?
Just to back up the horse a bit, the black screen - are you using Adjust display refresh rate to match video? Your laptop screen may not support other refresh rates and this would throw a black screen up.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
I got the same problem, cannot find any solution, allready tried all the things metioned above.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATI Mobility HD5470, DXVA Black screen0