cpu core 100% on idle
With debugging enabled, once the library update has run there is nothing untoward being reported in the log. It is the xbmc-bin process at 100% The strange thing is when xbmc is doing anything the reading comes down, eg whilst doing the startup scan, it is whilst it is idle that the one core goes to 100%. wtf. Can the reading have been inversed somehow?

Is it normal, if not any ideas what to check?
same issue here; and im running openelec.

/usr/lib/xbmc/xbmc.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /var/run/lirc/lircd
is constantly at 49% cpu; and when looking at the rendering statistics when watching a film, core 1, and core 2 are at 99%

video card: nvidia using vdpau
cpu = celeron g530
XBMC, due to a quirk of it's beginnings, often uses higher CPU cycles when idle. Search the forum or Wiki for Dirty Regions and you'll find how to reduce that by adding a couple of lines to advancedsettings.xml
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
hi DDDamian;
i should have said in my first post that this is new behavior.
its been so for the past week and a half .... 2 weeks
Hmmm, yeah that changes things then. Can you post a Debug Log here? Might give some hint. Just to keep things sane too, are you using the dirtyregions option?

Only other thing I can think of - if you recently updated your nVidia drivers there was a bug in them which may cause you issues as well.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
dddamian;
here is the logfile; ive enabled level 2 logging.
please pardon my uh... video catalog... i paid for all of those Tongue

http://pastebin.com/THQ9brBg

ill scan it for issues

**edit 1
previously i had dirty-regions disabled; still cpu isues;
the log file above was after dirtyregions were set to 1...still no change.

**edit 2
my nas is off; hence the numerous ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting /storage/videos/Movie-Catalog_****** errors.

**edit 3
after looking over it, the interesting stuff starts at line 1550.
looks like im getting:
"DEBUG: Error: Requested setting (pvrmanager.enabled) was not found. It must be case-sensitive" hundreds and hundreds of times.
could this be the cause ? --- also; Qlock .. wtf is this ? delaying 240 seconds ?
A couple of issues: you need to clean your library (minor) and you are running into the pvr spam bug. Have a look at this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...er.enabled
Ah okay - explains the library missing items issue. Check the thread I linked for the real issue
holy moly;
so bilbonvidia and are issues might have to do with the skin ?
yessir Smile
QLock is nothing to worry about - unfortunately if you've disabled it a recent update re-enables it, It applies more to Transparancy skin - you can disable or uninstall under Addons - Skins I think it was
i switched to confluence, and checked top/htop... xbmc is still @ ~~ 47-49% cpu constantly O___o

here is an htop screenshot: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66962/Misc/Untitled.png
here is top --> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/66962/Misc/Untitled2.png

and whats weird is when playing back a video, core 1 & 2 say 99-100% usage (render stats window), yet top reports 50% usage
Still getting a messed-up log?
still flooded with the empty directory error; looks similar:

http://pastebin.com/729iLHnU

this is with confluence...
Well, the pvr error is gone, and that was jamming up CPU usage. Can you turn your NAS on (if that's why it can't find those directories) as we're just getting clutter and not the full log.

Also, the advancedsettings.xml file has some odd entries in it (see where I mean? the strange numbers) so I can't be sure it's using the dirtyregions settings. Might want to fix that up.

Do that and then check your CPU usage. If still high re-post the log - it'll be cleaner and we might get the whole thing. Note that on a Celeron processor I would expect fairly high CPU usage at idle anyways, just not very gutsy, but at idle it doesn't matter much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cpu core 100% on idle0