M4A/ALAC broken i Eden RC2?
Hi,

I have been a long time user of XBMC since the first XBOX. it Rocks! Cool

However i have noticed that both XBMCUBUNTU and the OS X version that it just crashes when i try to play my M4A/ALAC music (DRM free) it just crashes Sad
This has worked on earlier versions of XBMC. Since ALAC is about 80% of the music i have i wold be glad to skip transcoding it to FLAC.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Nicholas.
I presume Debug-log to pastebin.com and link to it here would be the starting point.
- Start Xbmc in DebugMode and do only the functionality needed to reproduce the crasching.
Smile
was fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/038e...34d52b30b5
spiff i think l16 came in after rc2 ... so this might be a different issue here...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Here is the log from crashreporter:
http://pastebin.com/S7eT2rhx

:-)
spiff thats the only part where a div by zero could happen imho:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...g.cpp#L192

no clue how to fix though...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
div by zero happens inside ffmpeg by the looks of it no?
Code:
21.0   com.teamxbmc.xbmc                   0x00064724 CDVDAudioCodecFFmpeg::Decode(unsigned char*, int) + 744

nope ... thread 0 is the crashed one .. its in our code imho...
i never understood how you read apple bt's..
from top to bottom Big Grin
(2012-03-22, 08:32)fixxolas Wrote: Hi,

I have been a long time user of XBMC since the first XBOX. it Rocks! Cool

However i have noticed that both XBMCUBUNTU and the OS X version that it just crashes when i try to play my M4A/ALAC music (DRM free) it just crashes Sad
This has worked on earlier versions of XBMC. Since ALAC is about 80% of the music i have i wold be glad to skip transcoding it to FLAC.

Is there any fix for this?

Thanks in advance.

Nicholas.

Could you provide us a short sample file which shows the crashing issue (rip about 50 - 100mb out of that movie and verify that it still crashs xbmc and then dropbox it and put the link here)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
M4A/ALAC broken i Eden RC2?0