Airplay crash after two/three videos
Question 
Hi and greetings from Germany,

i have some problems with the EDEN beta1/2/rc1/rc2.

If I play 2 or 3 videos with the iphone (youtube App) then crashed airplay and I can not play anything with airplay before i restart xbmc.

Has anyone this problem?

I look forward to your answers.

Fabee
Does switching on and off airplay in network settings make it work again too? Or do you really need to restart XBMC.

Beside that - crashing might be a bit missleading here. Crash normally means that you go back to windows and XBMC closes itself.

If i got you right you mean that the airplay icon doesn't appear anymore on you phone after playing 2 to 3 videos. Right?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks for your answer.

Yes you´re right. The Icon doesn´t appear anymore.
I have to restart XBMC and then it works fine.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Fabee
(2012-03-22, 14:49)Memphiz Wrote: Does switching on and off airplay in network settings make it work again too? Or do you really need to restart XBMC.

AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I am in the same as Fabee but for me it just stop working after several minutes (sometimes 2 sometimes 20...)

To answer the last question, If I uncheck / recheck the xmbc option, then it works again for several minutes.
I use it mainly for iCatcher! But if needed I can make other tests

Ps I m using Eden rc2 on windows 7 64 bits

Ps2 sorry, this is my first post and I m already complaining Sad thx for your work memphiz you are amazing Smile

I have the same problem... airplay icon on my iphone 4s goes away after a couple of videos.

I'm running XBMC Eden on win7 32bit machine.

I forgot to mention that going to settings and turning airplay off then on again works for a moment then airplay icon goes away again.

Also, when a video plays, the first few seconds take a while to sync, there is no sound then fast forwards and then plays ok.
K this is a zeroconf issue for windows then will ping the corresponding dev about it.
Can those of you with the issue, find and post what version of Bonjour you are running, iOS and Windows OS you are using, 64bit or 32bit?

To check your Bonjour version go to start\run and type services.msc.
Look for Bonjour in the list. Right click and choose properties. Find the Path to executable: and post that.
Go to the executable path, right click on mDNSResponder.exe and choose properties. Go to the details tab and find the version number and post that as well.

Example:
iPod 3rd gen with iOS 5.0.1
windows 7x64
Path to executable: "C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe"
mDNSResponder version: 3.0.0.10
I tested this issue using Bonjour provided with the Bonjour print services. That installed a 32bit version 2.0.2 of Bonjour on my 64bit system. That version of Bonjour resulted in XBMC having the issues listed above. I removed the Bonjour service and Bonjour print service. Using the iTunes x64 installer I get a 64bit version 3.0.0.10 of Bonjour which results in perfect airplay within XBMC. No crashes after playing many different videos.
I was having a similar issue. After a few minutes XBMC would stopping appearing in the airplay list on my iphone 4. It turned out to be an issue with my wireless rounter and bonjour. I noticed it wasn't just XBMC when the same issue started happening with an airport printer I purchased. For some reason my wireless router(WRT160N v3) was causing all sorts of havok with bonjour packets. I flashed it to DD-WRT and that fixed the issue. I originally thought it was an XBMC issue because my XBMC asrock was the only airplay device I had. I later got the airport printer and I started streaming videos to my phone with an AirVideo server on Windows. These both use bonjour and communicate with my phone through my wireless router and they both would stop working or appearing in airplay lists after a few minutes. I'm not sure if that's the issue you guys are having but it might be worth including your wireless router model in addition to the Bonjour/OS info.
(2012-04-02, 21:16)kricker Wrote: Can those of you with the issue, find and post what version of Bonjour you are running, iOS and Windows OS you are using, 64bit or 32bit?

To check your Bonjour version go to start\run and type services.msc.
Look for Bonjour in the list. Right click and choose properties. Find the Path to executable: and post that.
Go to the executable path, right click on mDNSResponder.exe and choose properties. Go to the details tab and find the version number and post that as well.

Example:
iPod 3rd gen with iOS 5.0.1
windows 7x64
I tested this issue using Bonjour provided with the Bonjour print services. That installed a 32bit version 2.0.2 of Bonjour on my 64bit system. That version of Bonjour resulted in XBMC having the issues listed above. I removed the Bonjour service and Bonjour print service. Using the iTunes x64 installer I get a 64bit version 3.0.0.10 of Bonjour which results in perfect airplay within XBMC. No crashes after playing many different videos.

I am having Airplay quit on me as well using my iphone 4S and Windows x64 XBMC EDEN FInal setup.

The system exhibits the following behavior:
- I can play a video clip a couple of times before XBMC does not respond
- The airplay destination is always displayed on the iphone. It never disappears after the problem starts.
- After playing the first movie, the iphone never returns to the beginning of the movie. It just says "Airplay: This movie is now playing on "XBMC-PC"'. At this point I have tried several things to get it to play again. I have switched the airplay destination back to iphone and then back to XBMC. I also have to slide the video position index back to the beginning of the movie. After doing this several times XBMC airplay just totally stops working. Only a restart of XBMC gets it going again.

- After playing the video the third time, XBMC Airplay stops working. If you try to play the video again you can see XBMC try to play it. You can see "working" in the lower right corner and it put of the movie OSD than just goes back to the XBMC home screen.

All of these are 100% reproducible.

I originally had the 32bit Bonjour 2.0.2 version installed. I uninstalled and Install the latest Itunes x64 bit which installed the latest bojour.

Iphone 4S 32g
Windows 7 x64 (up to date)
Asus RT-N16 Router with DDWRT 15943 installed
There is also another Bojour Folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bonjour\". The mDNSResponder.exe version is also 3.0.0.10

Any suggestion on how to fix this? Is this a known bug? I will be happy to provide more info.

EDIT: I installed XBMC on another computer (same setup). The problem still persists.

It has been a while since I discussed this with the developers. I believe it was concluded that there may be an issue within Apples' Bonjour itself.

What iOS is your iPhone on?
I'm on the latest. iOS 5.1. I sure hope there is a solution. I am surprised there are more complaints about xbmc AirPlay. It crashes very quickly. It does seem to be mostly with videos tho.
My iPod touch is still on 5.01. I've not tested with iOS 5.1 yet.
Does AirPlay work correctly on 5.0.1 on your iPod touch? I see just moments ago apple just released 5.1.1. One of the fixes states they fixed a problem with playing videos with AirPlay. I hope that iOS update fixes the problem.
Yes, on my iPod touch using the proper Bonjour playback works fine without any crashes on iOS 5.01. I did see reports on other forums about video playback issues on iOS 5.1. And these were reports not related to XBMC. If you upgrade to 5.1.1, it would be nice to hear what happens.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay crash after two/three videos0