Airplay crash after two/three videos
I updated to 5.1.1 on my iphone 4s. I'm bummed to report Airplay is still flakey on Windows 7 x64 Xbmc Eden machine. In fact, it is worse. Airplay stops responding after playing one video. Only a restart of xbmc will get it going again. Sad
That is a shame. Too bad it is a PIA to revert to an older iOS.
I think I'm on to something. Last year I installed the early Airplay service according to one of the posts in the XBMC forum. I now searched for it but could not find it. Anyway, I turned off the native airplay in xmbc and enabled my old airplay service hack from last year. Airplay now worked perfectly. I was able to play the video 20 times in a row with no problem.

So it would seem there is a problem with the Eden airplay service. I am willing to help debug if the devs want to contact me.
I've alerted the developers to your post. Can you give more details on what this "hack" is and how you have applied it. The more information you can provide, the better the chance it will be looked at.
I finally found the thread that I got the airplay info from. I used the info in post #263. It has always worked for me and still does. When Eden came out I just disabled the service I made and switched over to the built in airplay version. The built in version works fine for photos but as I stated above it crashes with in 2 or 3 video plays and xbmc has to be restarted for it to work again. I have not being airplaying many videos until last weekend and that's when I discovered the bug.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...3pid713084

Please let me know if you need more if or if I can be of more help.
I have a similar problem. I'm running Eden 11.0 (stable) on Ubuntu 10.04. Avahi-daemon is version 0.6.25. I have several devices (iPhone 4, iPad 3, iPad 2) all running iOS 5, and the problem is the same with all of them. I haven't tried videos, but I will frequently play a few albums over Airplay, then stop. The next time I try to play something several hours later, the airplay symbol never appears. I have to uncheck/recheck the Airplay box in XBMC settings.
I fixed this issue by checking the "Filter Multicast" box in my router settings.

I was having the same problem, AirPlay would work for a short time then the AirPlay symbol would disappear until i unchecked/rechecked the settings.

After i changed the router setting, ive been able to play multiple videos and display photos without any problems.

Hope this helps.

How does that apply to the LAN? You're not going through your router, just the switch part. What if you were to use just a wifi ap and a hub?
I did some more testing with the Filter Multicast setting on my Linksys WRT610N and each time i unchecked the box, the Airplay symbol would disappear after a short time. Once i checked the box, the Airplay symbol immediately returned on my iPhone and iPad.

Unfortunately, the documentation on the 'Filter Multicast' setting for my router is a bit confusing so i can't really comment on how or why its working...other than to say it works (and stays working) for me.
I will be testing new windows xbmc version with complete airplay support (audio/video) at the end of June when the devs consolidate the new features.

My airplay symbol never went away. Air playing movies just stopped working. Pictures worked fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay crash after two/three videos0