Customizable Confluence Skin No Recent TV Shows
I've been using Customizable Confluence for some time now and when you choose TV Shows or Movies from the home screen they would always show about 5 of the most recent shows added. Well Movies still does this but TV Shows no longer shows that. Is there anyway to restore that feature?

The only change was I one day tried out Eden Prev 1 and kept getting a script error. I switched back to XBMC 10.1 and then upgraded to a nightly build so that I could use the Airplay feature. I like bringing up Movie trailers on my Iphone and sending them to the TV..

Anyhow I really miss that recent added for the TV shows and have not found another skin that would support this. All the other skins only show you just 1 of the recent added movies and tv shows.

THanks!

B.
Did you backup you database before upgrading and copied it back?
Otherwise your db for dharma is broken...

mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
I did back up everything. but I didn't copy it back. My XBMC is fully functional and I've had no problems except for just that Recent TV Shows. If you click Movies from the home screen it will show those recent movies.

So due to your post, you're running Eden right now?
If so, then you have to adjust the code for the widget as in Dharma RecentlyAdded was a script and now it's a core component...
BTW: You might also have some issues with your video library with the old customizable confluence...

You might try my new Confluence-MOD for Eden (see signature) Big Grin
(2012-03-22, 18:11)mad-max Wrote: So due to your post, you're running Eden right now?
If so, then you have to adjust the code for the widget as in Dharma RecentlyAdded was a script and now it's a core component...
BTW: You might also have some issues with your video library with the old customizable confluence...

You might try my new Confluence-MOD for Eden (see signature) Big Grin

Thanks MM. I apologize for not getting this info to you straight the first time but here's actually what I did. I backed up my database, ec. I installed Eden and used it for a bit and decided It wasn't for me so I switch my config back to the original 10.1 and restored my files. Everything worked fine. Later I discovered Airplay and found out that 10.1 did not support it. That I would need to install one of the Nightly builds. I did that and now can't get my Recents to work on just the TV Shows.

Almost seems like I need to start from scratch but would hate to have to rebuild everything all over again.

There are quite good ways to get your stuff to a clean install with eden...at least the database export option is one of them...
And this is the most important part, isn't it?
If you are running a nightly, chances are that feature is broken in the nightly due to the change from a script to being more integrated. I had plenty of nightlies where it did not work. It does work in Eden just fine. If you still have your stuff backed up, then just do an Eden install over your nightly. Things should just work fine. Both the default Confluence and Confluence vertical have an option to show recently added videos.
Its so strange that the recently added still works for Movies though. Just the TV Shows doesn't work.

I am very close to just switching to Eden Beta 2. Would it be advised to export my library first and is it okay to just install Eden right over a nightly build?

Also if your using Eden. I have several custom home screens that I don't see how you can add with the default Eden skin. Am I just missing that option somewhere or does Eden not permit any modification to the home screen?

THanks again!
Yes you can install Eden over nightlies. As always it is advised to backup up your userdata folder just in the off chance something goes awry.

What do you mean by custom home screens? There is only one home screen. In the skin settings you can add shortcuts to add-ons in the submenus.
(2012-03-23, 16:32)kricker Wrote: Yes you can install Eden over nightlies. As always it is advised to backup up your userdata folder just in the off chance something goes awry.

What do you mean by custom home screens? There is only one home screen. In the skin settings you can add shortcuts to add-ons in the submenus.

THanks K. What I meant by custom home screens is I have one that I use to launch Media Center so that I could access my Live TV / Netflix. Using Event Ghost to help with that. Anyhow the skin I was using was Customizable Confluence and I could add a new Home Page and point it to a favorite. It was pretty cool because I had my own custom backdrop for those menus. I'll look into restoring that same functionality in the submenus.

Thanks again!.
Well successfully upgraded to Eden Beta 2. I guess the confluence skin doesn't offer any "Recent" thumbnails or anything? I switched to customizable confluence and again the Movies Recent works but not TV shows.
You'll need to ask the Dev of that skin for proper support for it then. The Confluence skin does offer recently added TV and movies with thumbnails. You need to turn it on in the skin settings.
(2012-03-24, 21:43)kricker Wrote: You'll need to ask the Dev of that skin for proper support for it then.

Customizable Confluence is not updated for Eden and seems no longer maintained...
You might check the Confluence mods for Eden...Convergence, Vertical MOD or my Horizontal MOD
THanks!. I found Confluence Mod and its working great just like I wanted!.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizable Confluence Skin No Recent TV Shows0