new Sony BRAVIA 40ex521 and XBMC
Hi everyone,

I am totally new to the world of tv, and specially streaming hardware and software.
But since megaupload is down I have to find some ( legal) working option to watch stuffs.
Also I just bought a new TV : Sony BRAVIA 40EX521 which have a built in streamer ( I am happy with the quality, but it doesn't have vimeo nor vudu Sad and I hate it for that......)
The TV ( DLNA compliant) is connected through Ethernet to the router, the computer ( an old Mac Pro with snowleopard and Edimax USB WIFI dongle) is connected wirelessly to the router.

I can see XBMC on the tv, but when I enter it, I see no file, . it's like it's pointing to an empty folder.
Also I wonder how plugins like vimeo would be accessible through the TV etc....

So 2 options :
1- I put the files in the wrong folder ( I tried many folders)
2- It's not setup properly
3- it's not compatible and will never work :_( and I need to buy a streamer even though there is already one in the TV and I hate the idea......

GUYS CAN YOU HELP Huh?
I would be very thank full if you could help me with this
it's likely your files aren't supported by the TV.
this link : http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support...KDL40EX521
shows the supported formats of the TV.
Most notably missing being DIVX/XVID and MKV.

it's a great idea in theory but horribly executed. Wait 5 more years then buy a new TV. Until then buy a streamer!
I thought about that, but what about pictures, music ?
Also when I plug a disk on key I can see all the file and only if I try to run one then I got an eror message " can't playback "
FurthermoreI have one AVI movie that I watch through USB, and I can't see it in my XBMC folder on the TV

anyway thank you for passing by,
I am still interested in getting sony users feedback
I think I am having a similar problem. I have a late 2008 Macbook, a Sony KDL40NX720 and XMBC installed on the Mac. When I go into the Sony Menu, it lists XBMC as a source under Video but none of my files from the Mac and attached external hard drive. I thought it may be a library/folder issue as I have a whole variety of files formats some of which are supported so I doubt it is the codec support on the TV. Doing my head in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new Sony BRAVIA 40ex521 and XBMC0