Win Updating XBMC
Hi guys...

Firstly a big up to all the guys who make XBMC such a great app. I really am enjoying my home movies more these days....

I would like to know though,
I am currently using the Dharma 10.1 version. If I upgrade to Eden 11.0 RC2, is there a way that I can keep all the data I've scraped for my movies and TV Shows.

I so 3 weeks ago installed Eden RC2 and lost all data and had to scrape all my stuff again. A big schlep and then I wasn't happy with Eden mainly 'coz I wasn't used to it as I was Dharma.

I want to give it a go again but don't want the hassle of having to scrape the data from scratch again.

I'm using windows 7 if that helps any..

Thanx so much for your assistance guys/gals
You can export your library before the upgrade, and then import it after the upgrade.
Settings>Video>Library>export to separate files should store most of the .nfo data and graphics in the your individual folders... then should something be amiss.. a re-scrape is fairly quick and easy... Teething issues at first, but the upgrade is solid and well worth it.

Backup your userdata folder not your install folder.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata

Just install on top of it. Hopefully all your current settings/sources/library will remain intact.

Skin settings may change and some plugins have Eden versions...

Ok thanx so much for the quick assistance guys...

I'll tackle this later when my wife is asleep.

She'll use xbmc tomorrow and shout at me coz somethings different again, lol

Thanx again
If you are using XBMC's default skin, then grab the Confluence vertical skin from the addons to ease the transition. At least it will look similar. You should see it in the list of available skins after you upgrade to Eden.
Hey kricker

Thanx for the info. I was using Night though and it seems it not compatible with Eden RC2 as yet..
I'm checking out the other skins though to find something nice.

Thanx again for the help guys. Did the upgrade last night and everything went smoothly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating XBMC0