Win Really Frustrating - XBMC Starting up, Minimizing
I have this same problem but when I disable ati gfx control centre it cause some sort of picture flicker it's very slight but its there so that was no good for me.

The only way to stop it is to let windows boot and click on xbmc to load it and ati control centre and xbmc does not lose focus anymore.

It's strange why you can load xbmc by a mouse click and have no problem but loading it up from startup it does I don't know what the difference is

And I have tried all sorts of delays and that does not work to.

Anyone tried the ati 12.10 drives has it fixed this or is it just the same.
If you don't want/can't disable catalyst then just create a batch file like this:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC"
TIMEOUT /T 360
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

To create a batch file, just copy the above code and paste it into notepad. Save as something like xbmc_delay.bat. Then throw this in your startup folder.

You can edit the timeout time to suit your needs, I set mine high because I have that particular machine scheduled to perform daily reboots at an hour I will not be awake anyway, so the delay does not matter to me. Also be sure to adjust the paths for your particular environment.

This method works for me, where the other delay methods did not. So if you have not had success using a delay but have not tried this method, I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.
Does not matter on how long You set the delay as ati control panel still steals the focus it must set somthing off when xbmc loads up.

Does not seem to do it when loading xbmc with a mouse click. And batch files don't work to

The only way I got round this. Is to put the computer into standby and have a batch file run when you come out of standby that shuts xbmc down then waits 2 sec and then reloads it.

As there is a bug in xbmc in standby that causes stutter in your videos and needs shutdown and reloaded.

There seems to be alot of problems with xbmc that have never been fixed and these are two of them which have been posted over the last 2 years.
Folks,

The solution I found for this , i posted in this thread ....

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1334212

Hope it helps...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Really Frustrating - XBMC Starting up, Minimizing0