Weird behavior after long pause
Sometimes I'm watching something on XBMC and I have to pause it for a while to do work around the house, practice on my sax, etc. When I get back I often have very slow playback when I un-pause what I was watching and very often no audio. I always have to exit out of XBMC and reboot the PC in order to get things back to normal. Could this have anything to do with my power settings like the HD sleeping (or SSD in my case) and when it waked XBMC doesn't work right?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
That's possible (power settings) and it's also possible the HDMI connection gets dropped after a period of inactivity. There is a pull-request from CrystalP to address this post-Eden, but if it's between the audio driver and the receiver there are no XBMC fixes that can help. We'll see after that patch is in if it fixes or at least acts as a work-around to the issue.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Why not pre-Eden? After all it's not released yet. :-)
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Mostly because the patch is not fully reviewed or tested yet - it's been slated for post-Eden just so there's no nasty surprises Smile
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Weird behavior after long pause0