[RELEASE] Vice.com
Can't say thank you enough. This is the one thing i was missing when flipping over to an ATV2 from a laptop. Look forward to using it Big Grin
I'm trying to get this finished and cleaned up for the repo as soon as I can so I can concentrate on some of my other addons so I'd really appreciate if someone could help me with testing.

Any and all bugs that anyone can find would be useful but what I really need is a list of videos that still don't work for anyone.

Thanks in advance,
Paddy
First off, that you for the awesome addon!

One show I notice that acts differently... far out - heimo's artic refuge, doens't stack, it shows all of the individual parts and doesn't automatically move to the next part.

Is it possible to add a nesting level? for instance if I want to watch heimo's artic refuge, click on the name, then it shows a list of parts. This would let people easilly start halfway through if they've already watched the first half.

Cheers!
Thanks so much for this, I just now noticed that it exists and am happy to see it Smile

(it would be awesome to get the high-quality rtmp stream, VICE has some really good-looking videos)
I hadn't heard about vice until I stumbled upon this video through the reddit video script for XBMC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToQ8PWYnu04

As you can see it's a youtube link, and the quality is very good. Maybe your plugin could find alternative HD versions on youtube instead of trying to parse out the RTMP? Sorry I'm not a coder, just a WiFi Guru who knows very little about scripting/programming...
Thanks for pointing out that VICE is now uploading their content to Youtube, that's news to me...
(2012-05-21, 07:14)cptmarginal Wrote: Thanks for pointing out that VICE is now uploading their content to Youtube, that's news to me...

Same here.
Anyway, thanks for the great plugin. I switched from Boxee which had a Vice addon and was bummed when I couldn't find one here on a repo, but here it is. Great.
The YouTube content isn't everything on the website, also its organised a lot worse than it is in the website.

Something that may or may not help? Vice uses ooyala, do a search for xbmc ooyala, there's a few plugins using a library to sort out the embed code correctly.

https://code.google.com/p/bogs-xbmc-addo...er.py?r=30 around Line80
https://code.google.com/p/bogs-xbmc-addo...s%2Fooyala

This plugin appears to be broken for me already, is everybody just using youtube?

10:21:07 T:6680 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vice
10:21:07 T:6680 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vice) failed
10:21:07 T:7852 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
10:21:10 T:11104 NOTICE: Thread XBPyThread start, auto delete: false
10:21:12 T:11104 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
10:21:14 T:11104 ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
10:21:14 T:11104 ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
10:21:14 T:11104 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vice\default.py", line 88, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vice\default.py", line 56, in __init__
for show in cache.cacheFunction(vice.get_episodes):
File "C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\lib\StorageServer.py", line 541, in cacheFunction
ret_val = funct(*args)
File "C:\Users\Monty\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\plugin.video.vice\resources\lib\vice.py", line 127, in get_episodes
episode_details['description'] = episode.p.string.lstrip().rstrip()
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'lstrip'
10:21:14 T:6680 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.vice
10:21:14 T:6680 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.vice) failed
10:21:14 T:9188 NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
I haven't had any time at all for maintenance on any of my XBMC plugins lately so it could well be broken but i don't know.

If you have a problem send me a full debug log and i'll take a look when i get time, otherwise patches welcome Smile
Hi i just modified my post with the error.

Btw like your avatar Smile
did this stop working?
I always get an error when trying to access this plugin.

(2012-11-08, 08:49)OldOne Wrote: did this stop working?
I always get an error when trying to access this plugin.

I'm wondering the same.
Getting script error

Code:
12:23:11 T:176259072   ERROR: Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
12:23:11 T:176259072   ERROR: Error Contents: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
12:23:11 T:176259072   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.vice/default.py", line 88, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.vice/default.py", line 68, in __init__
                                                play.play_episode(episode_link, episode_name, episode_thumb)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.vice/resources/lib/play.py", line 74, in play_episode
                                                videoUrl = cache.cacheFunction(vice.get_video_details, episode_link + str(i))
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/script.common.plugin.cache/lib/StorageServer.py", line 544, in cacheFunction
                                                ret_val = funct(*args)
                                              File "/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/addons/plugin.video.vice/resources/lib/vice.py", line 53, in get_video_details
                                                js_player_url = soup.find('div', 'video_area').script['src']
                                            TypeError: 'NoneType' object is unsubscriptable
I think i'm lost. I cant install this add-on. What should i do with this file exactly?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Vice.com0