Netflix in XBMC
Is it possible to configure XBMC to allow access to netflix through it (as a subscriber obviously)?

I don't want the wife to have to shut down XBMC and then load up something else to get to it. I would like everything to just work from the one place (XBMC).
Are you using Windows, Mac, Linux, Live?
Could try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87552 ?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
That link got me all excited, until I read the bit about no playback on Linux. Guess what I'm using! XBMCbuntu

I'll have a better read through that thread later incase there has been some developments as it's showing 80 pages.

Many thanks.
I wondered a bout this topic too. Gonna look at that post.

EDIT: It says it's in the official Repo. Did the team remove it because I don't see it.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I tried XBMCFlicks, but it doesn't work terribly well for me: Lists content, but won't play it.

I'm fine with using my remote to spawn/bring forward a browser window in kiosk mode to switch between XBMC and Netflix (which actually works surprisingly well), however I've run into a frustrating problem - more on that in a moment.

To the original poster:

What I've done is installed EventGhost, and configured it to, on a particular remote button press:
A) Start or Bring forward XBMC as appropriate
B) Start or Bring Forward an Explorer window showing Netflix
C) Start or Bring Forward an Explorer window showing Hulu
etc.

So I can use these buttons like the source buttons to control your TV/DVD Player/STB etc, switching instantly between them. It helps avoid the issues XMBCFlicks runs into where it launches a player to view the movie (generally speaking an explorer window) then hangs around in that window afterwards.

My problem, however, is that the Netflix website is *incredibly* awkward to use without a mouse. I can emulate keypresses with my remote (and, of course, via eventghost mouse movements too) but it's still awkward at best. There are hotkeys for use during playback, but not for the website itself. If only you could move between movies with the arrow keys.

Does anyone know a decent means of controlling the Netflix web site (or a "middleman" type interface) via a remote control?
You could try 'Playon'.

ts a upnp server that'll stream netflix (and other streaming services) to compatible devices.
Integration looks good & there's a 2 week trial to test it out.

I run it on the same PC as my xbmc install, I'm having a few issues but I've only had a couple of hours with it.
Hmmmm, I'm looking for a solution for a HTPC, that doesn't need a connection to my desktop or another subscription. It's important that the resulting HTPC be entirely self-contained, as I'm going to build additional ones for my family for presents. That's why Netflix as is presents a problem for me: It's easy for me to bring up a kiosk-mode browser window showing Netflix.com, and it's easy to set up Eventghost to translate remote control buttons to control Netflix playback (pause, play, etc), but choosing what show to watch without a mouse is impossible. The best I've managed so far is binding the arrow keys to mouse movement, but it's awfully awkward to use.
I run playon on the same PC as xbmc (windows though). Admittedly it's an extra sub ($50 lifetime).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Netflix in XBMC0