Best External Hard Drive To Use On Mac Mini 2012 i5
i was wondering witch external hard drive 2TB i should get for blu ray movie rips to use xbmc or plex and how to rip or witch program to use to rip blu ray movies witch is better and what format does the movies have to be in i need all advice i can get on this I'm really new to this thanks a lot guys i want it to look nice like others make it look with they're covers of blu rays on screen with details
(2012-03-23, 05:19)bulletz Wrote: i was wondering witch external hard drive 2TB i should get for blu ray movie rips to use xbmc or plex and how to rip or witch program to use to rip blu ray movies witch is better and what format does the movies have to be in i need all advice i can get on this I'm really new to this thanks a lot guys i want it to look nice like others make it look with they're covers of blu rays on screen with details

I'm using a 3TB Western Digital external HDD with the same Mini as yours and it works great.

You can use a program called "MakeMKV" to rip your blu ray discs in MKV format. The will be huge files though as there is no compression.

If you want to compress the movie to a smaller size, use a program called "Hand Brake".

what about the video art cover should i use xbmc or plex i would prefer xbmc since i use also navi x i mean will the cover and details show automatically in xbmc ? thanks a lot for the quick reply
After you scan them in. Yes.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
For me the cheapest 3TB external drive I could find was a Seagate GoFlex (USB2). So far it has worked well; it streams all my DVD isos and BR rips without a hitch and most important of al, it goes into sleep mode quickly when not in use (even though the mini to which it is attached is still running).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best External Hard Drive To Use On Mac Mini 2012 i50