Lenovo Q-Series
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at this Lenovo Q-Series that is really nice to be placed near the TV.
All ok about the specs that are really good and probably too much for the use I have to do (only media center with OPENELEC).

My question is about the turn on/off feature by remote..... it comes out with the wireless keyboard and trackball, this one Lenovo but i don't know if it is capable of turn on/off.

Thanks guys
Clever little machine. Looks pretty sweet as well.

Wonder how it compares to my Acer Revo 1600 running OpenELEC. I mean, it already plays everything I throw at it without any problems.
(2012-03-23, 16:59)gerazzo Wrote: All ok about the specs that are really good and probably too much for the use I have to do (only media center with OPENELEC).
For HTPC, too much is better than too little...Laugh

(2012-03-23, 16:59)gerazzo Wrote: My question is about the turn on/off feature by remote..... it comes out with the wireless keyboard and trackball, this one Lenovo but i don't know if it is capable of turn on/off.

Thanks guys
You can chat with Lenovo online rep, they should be able to answer that better than us....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Quote:You can chat with Lenovo online rep, they should be able to answer that better than us...

really where.... I've looked into the site with no chance! pls point me to the correct link

thanks
This is what the answer me closing the connection...

Please wait while we connect with you with a Lenovo Chat Representative.

You have been connected to _Julius S.

Gerardo: Hi Julius

Gerardo: I'm going to buy a Lenovo product on Amazon UK

_Julius S: Thank you for choosing Lenovo sales chat. I’m Julius, your sales chat representative. My rep id is RF3. What can I do for you today?

Gerardo: this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lenovo-IdeaCentr...128&sr=8-3

Gerardo: what I need to know is if the device can be turned on/off from the remote controller

Gerardo: i'd like to use it as a media center

_Julius S: Technically it should but I can not confirm as it is being sold by Amazon UK and I am a Lenovo.com sales representative only to confirm you will need to contact amazon Uk.

Thank you for contacting Lenovo. You may now close this window.

Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
Gerazzo- I doubt that it can turn on with the remote. Since the remote has built-in mini-keyboard and mouse, you should be able to turn it off using the mouse the same way as any PC.....
Jesus.....

so which allinone device I have to buy to be sure to have the power on-off feature?
Pls help me, no problem about the price!

Thanks
No one can help me?
(2012-03-26, 18:27)gerazzo Wrote: Jesus.....

so which allinone device I have to buy to be sure to have the power on-off feature?
Pls help me, no problem about the price!

Thanks

i have been using zotac zbox nano ad10, it can be turned on & off through remote, i face no problem with it.
yeah ZBOX's are built to be Powered ON from a total OFF state using remote.
If you get this "Xtreamer ULTRA Mini-ITX SFF HTPC (1.8 GHZ Intel Atom Dual-Core D525, nVidia ION 2, 4GB DDR3, HDMI 1.4a) Includes Remote, Mini Wireless Keyboard w/ Trackpad, PLUS XBMC and Boxee Configured and Ready to Go!", it included MCE remote and it can turn on/off PC too....

I'm monitoring the Xtreamer website for the Ultra2 Deluxe that is really the top in terms of hardware.
It comes out with a 32Gb SSD with Openelec pre-installed. Ans it can be turned on-of from the MCE remote.

waiting for the 5th of april

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lenovo Q-Series1