Library Updating
Hi All,

I am a newer user to XBMC and I have alot of experience with Windows Media Center & Mediabrowser. I currently have a good deal of media which worked flawlessly in WMC & MB however I am having a hard time converting it into XBMC and getting all my files to show as well as updated files.

Currently my Movies are sorted in the following convention:

C:\Movies\Movie Name\Movie Name.avi (I also have *.nfo, *.tbn and Fanarts)

My movies typically show up, although I need to go through and recombine some into sets.

Currently my TV Shows are sorted in the following convention:

C:\TV Shows\Show Name\Season X\S00E00 - Episode Title.avi (I also have *.nfo, *.tbn and Fanarts)

This is where my problem is, not only do some of my TV Shows not show up, but if I add a recently aired episode to its folder and Scan for New Content (Library Update) the episode will never show up.

I have found that when using Ember Media Manager if I rescrape the show and get all of the appropriate *.nfo's and remove my TV Show database and re-add it then my new episodes will be there.

For me this is a time consuming process, can anyone shed some light on what I may have done wrong or point me to a how-to so I can fix this.
You can start by consulting this page on the wiki for the correct way to name TV shows to make sure they will be found: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...s/TV_shows
I have followed those instructions, and my shows are formatted correctly however I cannot seem to get it to update within XBMC without removing the source and re-adding it and scanning the entire directory again.

I even have the library update on startup checked, and with restarting the program & computer it still doesn't pick up newly added episodes unless i do the source removal addition.
edit
You say that you followed the naming format, but the TV show example you provided doesn't. In the wiki it has this example under the custom expression:

<tvshowmatching> <regexp>[\\/]s([0-9]+)e([0-9]+)</regexp> </tvshowmatching>

Example : videos\mytv-comedy\Scrubs\season 1\s01e01 - Pilot (hdtv.xvid).avi

Your naming format may require an advanced settings entry if there is no nfo file. Then again, maybe the wiki info is old and yours works just fine.
(2012-03-24, 00:35)robweber Wrote: You say that you followed the naming format, but the TV show example you provided doesn't. In the wiki it has this example under the custom expression:

Your naming format may require an advanced settings entry if there is no nfo file. Then again, maybe the wiki info is old and yours works just fine.

"S00E00 - Episode Title.avi" will match one of the default naming conventions. No special settings needed. The wiki reflects this as well.
n17r0us: can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you do a library scan?
Edit, wrong reply
Here is a debug file, I see some errors for a few shows and I am correcting those. What I have noticed is recent files (ie. One Tree Hill Season 9, The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle) these were just added into my storage and the files are named right.

http://www.swipenow.com/sites/default/files/xbmc.log

Thanks for all the help so far.
(2012-03-24, 00:38)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-03-24, 00:35)robweber Wrote: You say that you followed the naming format, but the TV show example you provided doesn't. In the wiki it has this example under the custom expression:

"S00E00 - Episode Title.avi" will match one of the default naming conventions. No special settings needed. The wiki reflects this as well.

Thanks for clarifying. Maybe I'm just being dense but all of the "correct" examples have the season and episode at the end of the file name. Also, if by default this will work what is the point of the special regex example where you match the front of the filename on that page?
He has some non supported format as well:

smb://SULU/Spicy/TV Shows/Generation Kill/Season 1/Generation Kill Part 4.avi
E:\TV Shows\Breaking Bad\Season 2\Episode 13 - ABQ.mkv
E:\TV Shows\One Tree Hill\Season 9\S9E01
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Good spy on the One Tree Hill I fixed it, still didnt change.
Ok, new info.

I have gotten all of the errors from the debug fixed, now those have mostly synced when scanning for new content.

The current issue is similar to the first, when I move a new episode to its proper folder it still does not sync when I preform a scan, however if I go under the Video section and manually go to the folder select the episode it loads the episode details. Only then after I have done this will it show up under the TV Shows library and the Recently Added.

Any ideas?
I managed to figure this out.

I was pre-scraping my TV Shows in EmberMM, and while XBMC was recognizing the shows/seasons/episodes whenever I added a new episode to its applicable folder it would show up.

I found that reloading the show manually in the XBMC interface it would then find all file and new episodes as added.

I'm sure I must have a setting wrong when pre-scraping the files in Ember.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Updating0