Setup XBMC - DLNA/UPnP with my Samsung UN46C3200
Please advise......

I've installed the XBMC on Windows 7 and all seems well. I've also tried to set it up using DLNA/UPnP with my Samsung UN46C3200 TV. I can see it as a source on my TV but when I try to open the video or music folder it says to request cannot be completed and does not show any files. Am I missing a step? I also cant see my TV (10.0.0.8) listed in the UPnP device table on my router, and its enabled, but can stream my video, music and pictures using the following apps:

PC Share Manager

Wild Media Server

Vuze

XBMC has a UPnP server to share the library with other XBMC installations, not for TVs. While it will work if the file format is something the TV supports, it's not really made for that and you won't be able to use any of the real features of XBMC (all file formats, the UI, add-ons, etc).

XBMC is designed to be ran on a small computer or compatible set-top box (If it runs Linux, iOS, Mac OS, or Windows, you should be good) that is connected directly to the TV's HDMI port.
Hi, Sorry if this is a dumb question - but I stumbled into this thread with a google search looking to do the exact same thing (Stream DLNA to a samsung TV from an XBMC box)

Question:
Is it feasible to install another UPnP/DLNA service on the computer running XBMC?
If it is a separate background service, would there be a conflict with the XBMC built in UPnP server?

My aim is to build up one of these HP N40L servers using XBMCbuntu, Squeezebox server, and a DLNA server (EG Serviio for transcoding) to stream to other smart BluRay / TV devices on the network.
- all the bits are at home ready for the build this coming weekend!
(2012-03-27, 09:16)sparky72 Wrote: Is it feasible to install another UPnP/DLNA service on the computer running XBMC?

Yes.

(2012-03-27, 09:16)sparky72 Wrote: If it is a separate background service, would there be a conflict with the XBMC built in UPnP server?

No, just disable the uPnP server in XBMC. If you leave the server enabled in XBMC there will be a clash.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setup XBMC - DLNA/UPnP with my Samsung UN46C32000