TV show files not showing
Hi, dont want to hijack the thread but im having a really similar problem with my XBMC install.

I've got separate folders for my Movies and TVShows on a NAS with the file structure the same for both eg smb\\ls\movies and smb\\ls\tvshows, then seperate folders for each movie/tvshow with the showname.avi inside.

When i add the Movies as a source and then go into Movies from XBMC Confluence all the files are there and will play fine. BUT when i go into TVShows i see the Folder structure but then drilling down the folder is empty.

If i go back to root (i mean use the "...." option) and enter files, then TVshows, XBMC then shows all the Folders and Files (nb there is a "tick" showing at the end of the listing)

Sooo how do i get the files to go into TVShows from XBMC Confluence??

Any help would be fantastic and if this warrants a new thread i'll hapily delete and repost
@Paulb2905: It's because your episodes don't enumerate correctly (don't fit into what XBMC is expecting).

A Debug Log will show you this. Enable debug logging, refresh a show, grab the log. In addition, state _exactly_ how your episodes are named.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Cant get to the HTPC yet, folks are watching tv but shows are named;

Folder=90210, Files=90210.S04E01.PROPER.HDTV.XviD-2HD, 90210.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD etc
Folder=A Gifted Man, Files=A.Gifted.Man.S01E01.HDTV.XviD-TLA, A.Gifted.Man.S01E02.HDTV.XviD-LOL etc
I maybe wrong (someone please tell me if I am) but don't episodes have to be in a season folder
e.g
Folder=90210, Folder=Season 1, Files=90210.S04E01.PROPER.HDTV.XviD-2HD, 90210.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD etc

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
(2012-04-26, 20:53)pseudo7 Wrote: I maybe wrong (someone please tell me if I am) but don't episodes have to be in a season folder
e.g
Folder=90210, Folder=Season 1, Files=90210.S04E01.PROPER.HDTV.XviD-2HD, 90210.S04E02.HDTV.XviD-2HD etc

you're wrong Wink

It's not necessary but preferable Nod
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh. Whoops - thanks Martijn! Smile

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Update - If i go into "TV Shows" from the Confluence Main Screen then "highlight" the show name then press "i" on the keyboard and refresh the information it updates one Show at a time (have to hit the refresh button, then choose the show from the options, mostly a single choice).

So whilst its not the most elegant solution and its booooooring!! at least im getting what i wanted.

Thanks for the help everyone.

PS If anyone knows how/why it did this or more especially how to automate a solution that would be awesome!

Sad 
Didnt really get to the root of the issue.

Essentially i have a NAS (smb://LS-PAUL/Movies/ & smb://LS-PAUL/TVShows/) and an external drive (/media/External USB 1TB/) connected to the htpc on xbmcbuntu.

Add video source smb://LS-PAUL/Movies/ and all goes nice and smoothly with the movies appearing in the "movies" section on Confluence.

Add video source smb://LS-PAUL/TVShows/ PLUS /media/External USB 1TB/ and thats where the problems start.

Firstly the option under system/skin for TV Shows is "greyed" out.

If i go into the Videos/files/TV Shows from homescreen all the files are showing but without any information. If i then press "i" on keyboard i can select the show from the option and it updates the show information. At that point the option for system/skin TV Shows becomes available and the show that i manually refreshed the information on appears within tvshows from confluence home screen.

Would appreciate anyone with more knowledge than me (thats pretty much all!!) having a look at the Debug log.

Sorry its VV lengthy, wasnt sure what could really be cut from it.

Pastebin Debug Log
Heh yeah im having the same issue. I cannot see what is wrong with the titles they are just like the ones that work!
I check online at tvdb and the shows are there in full also....pretty weird!
Are these shows that have been watched before, if so check that you don't have it only showing you "Unwatched".
If you're sure the Watched /Unwatched mode isn't the issue, try adding each show to the library rather than the folder above all them. You'll only have to do it one time (all of them individually, that is).

Could it be a permissions issue with the location of your tvshows?
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
I have this issue as well - my files are named /TV Shows/The Simpsons/Season 20/The.Simpsons.s20e01.m4v etc. and my debug log is on http://pastebin.com/JKMkhbBF
It looked like a scraper issue, but it also showed some scraped data, so I'm at a loss there theawesomeone. It looks like you have a lot of things re-mapped to other locations, I would maybe test it on a simpler install, ie. using native paths.

I have my TV files stored on a linux setup, the folder setup has both season folders and some without, and the most current build handles it fine. I do use SB, and have it create all the .nfo files to sit next to the media, and EMM to do the same for all my movies, so I pretty much take the burden of the XBMC scrapers anyway. I would go simpler and change the scraper, or do like I do and pretty much skip letting XBMC try to figure out your media and let SickBeard and Ember MM put the necessary support files (tbn,jpg,nfo) next to your media, that way they are always there, so the next time the scrappers go down or you change/lose the XBMC database, you have a good idea of what you're going to get when you add that media back to the library.

Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV show files not showing0