Win Video/Audio Doesn't start
Hey all,

I've got a strange issue. When I try to start a video after startup it doesn't actually start. My TV switches to a blue screen (as though it's not getting a signal from the HTPC) and there is no audio. If I hit Exit on my harmony remote, I'm dumped back to the menu, and the video starts playing (with audio).

I thought perhaps it was a network time out to my unRAID nas (even though that wouldn't make much sense given XBMC has a buffer) and switched from samba to nfs sharing, to no avail.

Here's a link to my debug enabled log, in which I try to start the same video 3 times, then hit exit - making the video play:

http://pastebin.com/PwDjAzbp
**Edit**

Spoke too soon, the problem happened again.

Any ideas?
It appears you have enabled Settings>Video>Playback>Adjust refresh rate to video source and it's trying to switch your TV to 24hz but is unable too.

If this is correct either disable that, verify your TV supports 24hz or check your video driver setup to ensure 1080p24 is an enabled refresh rate. Also (if you want to play at 24hz instead of 60hz) make sure you are running true fullscreen, not a fullscreen window.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks DDDamian (I've always appreciated your insightful posts by the way), I've checked all the settings you mentioned (I'm using true fullscreen, adjust refresh rate is set correctly as my TV supports the modes required), here's my setup for what it's worth:

TV = Samsung LC-52E77UN
Amp = Onkyo TX-SR707
GPU = 6530D via AMD A6-3500 processor

I'm going from XBMC to amp via HDMI, and amp to TV via HDMI

I know for sure the 24hz rate works properly as when the video starts the OSD on the TV indicates 1080p content running at 24hz.

After watching an episode of a show it just did the same thing, rather than returning to the XBMC menu it went to a blue screen. Turning off the amp and turning off the TV don't work. The amp indicates no signal. Unplugging the HDMI cable from the HTPC and then replugging it in fixed the issue, but I can only assume that's a temporary fix. Makes me wonder if the HDMI out on the motherboard is flaky.

Well thx Sureguy. So settings wise all sounds good. Has this just started or can you trace it to any change/update etc? Any new hardware or driver update? Specific video/audio codec?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-24, 02:56)Sureguy Wrote: Any ideas?
If you haven't update the latest AMD driver, you can update it from here- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver. My AMD work very well with these settings-

1. Select the recommended screen resolution in W7 control panel
2. These are XBMC video settings-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
DDDamian - I recently upgraded to RC2, but that's not the issue (see below)

bluray - my video settings are similar with the exception that I don't enable sync playback to display (my amp can do this), and I use true fullscreen. I'm using the recommended resolution per windows (1920x1080). Running the latest catalyst drivers (updated them today)

I just switched the HDMI input on my receiver and it seems to be working. I pulled the receiver out of the stand that it is in, and it was really hot (I could put my hand on it and not get burned, but it wasn't really pleasant), even though it's got more than the manufacturer's recommended space.

When I noticed that I grabbed a 30cm (about 12") floor fan, placed it on top of the amp (where the grill is), using 2 seasons of 24 to prevent the fan from sitting directly on the amp.. I waited until the amp was cool to the touch, but still had the same problem.

Switching inputs seems to have worked and now the HDMI in on the amp is the furthest one from the HDMI out on the amp. Previously they were side by side.

A little research indicates that the Onkyo amp I have is prone to heat issues, thankfully this problem brought it to my attention before it is (hopefully) too late. I am a little worried as I have to assume I cooked that HDMI input to the point that it won't work reliably any more.

Thanks for the help guys. It's hard to believe that the only thing better than the product itself are the knowledgeable people willing to help a stranger out, and make the community possible.
@Sureguy- I'm glad that you got it to work. One other thing- if you haven't set AVR to pass-thru video, you might want to do so. Your HTPC and HDTV are capable of processing the video without AVR....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I had the problem surface again. I think it might be related to using Remote Administrator 3.4 to view/control my XBMC install - but I cannot get the problem to appear again. That said I couldn't get it to appear reliably before removing this from the mix, so it's difficult to tell what's causing the problem.

I'll run things like I am now (ensuring there are no Remote Administrator sessions) for a bit and report back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video/Audio Doesn't start0