Apple Remote + XBMC + Itunes
Hi all,

For a long time I have a problem with the management of the Apple Remote on my MacMini (10.6.8) and XBMC / Itunes.

When I start the Mac and I use iTunes directly I have no problem. The remote works well.

I quit iTunes. I run XBMC and the remote does not work anymore!
So I'm going in the options and I disable support for the remote. Then I reactive the remote in the same menu. There, from time to time, the remote working again. Otherwise I am forced to restart the Mac for everything to work properly with XBMC!.

I do not understand why it works that way here.
Normally this should not happen like that.
I tried Candelair (iospirit.com) but this does not change.

Do you have any ideas?

Thank you.
You could use SleepWatcher and add a script telling to reload XBMCHelper when the Mac resume from standby, as mentioned earlier in this forum, or you could manually "killall XBMCHelper" before you start XBMC.
Torroa Wrote:You could use SleepWatcher and add a script telling to reload XBMCHelper when the Mac resume from standby, as mentioned earlier in this forum, or you could manually "killall XBMCHelper" before you start XBMC.

OK I understand. Thank you Smile

It is unfortunate that the cohabitation between Itunes and xbmc is not more optimal.
Yes, sleep watcher is also someme thing that I am considering but to resolve some of the sleep issues with how i want to use the mac mini.

When you said you tried candelair, did you try remote buddy.

I have remote buddy running. The purpose of this is to easily switch control XBMC, Eye TV, iTunes etc. It is a very flexible piece of software. I know that it means additional software but so far I have found it ideal to coordinate multiple apps. eg. You can set global keys as well app keys. Full featured trial for 30 days.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

activate Wrote:Yes, sleep watcher is also someme thing that I am considering but to resolve some of the sleep issues with how i want to use the mac mini.

When you said you tried candelair, did you try remote buddy.

I have remote buddy running. The purpose of this is to easily switch control XBMC, Eye TV, iTunes etc. It is a very flexible piece of software. I know that it means additional software but so far I have found it ideal to coordinate multiple apps. eg. You can set global keys as well app keys. Full featured trial for 30 days.

No I have not tried Remote Buddy. As you stated it is powerful.
But I am afraid to have the same problem (iTunes / XBMC). I hesitate greatly ... but it is free for 30 days!

Unless I am mistaken I do not remember this problem with Leopard 10.5 and XBMC. Surely Apple has made poor choices with SN ...
I wrote an AppleScript and saved it to the dock (so the wife can fix it herself when I'm not home Wink ) as an app bundle.

Quote:do shell script "killall XBMCHelper"
tell application "XBMC 11.0 Eden Beta 3" to activate

I really hope this is the last fix for the Apple remote issue...
Dead-thread Necromancer!

Mac Mini (mid-2011) • 2.3GHz Intel Core i5 • 8Gb RAM • OS X 10.9.5 • TVMC 14.2
Raspberry Pi 2 • OpenELEC 6.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple Remote + XBMC + Itunes0