Linux Lots of problems after changing TV
Hello experts,

I don’t know if I should write all my problems in one thread but lets see if you can help me.
I’ve been reading and studing the XBMC for more than one year now. I bought long ago a ZOTAC ZBOX ND22 (Celeron SU2300, 4Gb, ION first genereation), a Playstation PlayTV USB DVB-T external card, and recently a FLIRC.
I’m running Linux Ubuntu (If I remember good Maverick), and XBMC over it.
I had this setup connected to a HD ready SONY and everything used to work perfectly. I could whatch anything upscaling to 720 using Larcorz3Optimazed, even the live TV coming from the TVHeadend and PlayTV.
Now I changed my TV to a Samsung PS51D535 (Plasma Full HD) and nothing is working properly anymore.
First the image of any movie has a ”line”cutting the moment moments always at the same position, I believe its a MODELINE problem, some wrong refresh frequency or something like that. I’m I right? I’ve been trying to fix this but I couldn’t. What is the solution for that? I also heard about a SAFAFULL patch that I don’t know anything about, tried to understand reading but I don’t know how to aplly the patch and all teh info I got was quite outdated.
The other problem is that I can not upscale anything anymore (movies or TV) using methods better than bilinear. Anything better makes me drop frames. I read from a thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90390) that the first generation ION should be powerful enough to upscale to 1080. Is it right? What can I do to achieve that?
I’ve been reading the forum for months now (during the weekends) and tried the guides on “how to have perfect image” like guides, but no success.
Can you help me guys?

Sorry for the lond post but the frustation got over me this time.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lots of problems after changing TV0