Win Could possible to change sort name of genre?
hi all~
my scarper is IMDB and its genre sort name as we know are always action, sci-fi, sport, romance..etc,
if i want to change these name(action, sci-fi, sport, romance..) to what i want directly instead of editing
the nfo file or XBMC video database one by one, could possible to edit some xml file directly to replace
"action" with "A", "sci-fi" with"B"...etc on XBMC genre list? anyone know how to do? tks~
Nope, this is not easily possible...
You can try it with a smart visible condition but this will be a real PITA
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-03-24, 18:14)adsi Wrote: hi all~
my scarper is IMDB and its genre sort name as we know are always action, sci-fi, sport, romance..etc,
if i want to change these name(action, sci-fi, sport, romance..) to what i want directly instead of editing
the nfo file or XBMC video database, could possible to edit some xml file directly to replace "action" with
"A", "sci-fi" with"B"...etc on XBMC genre list? anyone know how to do? tks~

As mad-max says not easy, and will need lot of work - but the genre poster view in Convergence changes genre names. you could try digging around the code to get the effect you want and port it back to Confluence or what ever.

Part of the code to show the desired genre icon below, but be warned there is about 4 xml files pulling together to get the desired result.

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
            <include>
MultiGenreFlag</include>
            <
texture background="true" fallback="DefaultGenre/Action.png">$VAR[GenreFlagPath]$LOCALIZE[31600].png</texture>
            <
visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,$LOCALIZE[31600]) | substring(ListItem.Genre,Action) | substring(Container(7000).ListItem.Genre,$LOCALIZE[31600]) | substring(Container(7000).ListItem.Genre,Action)</visible>
        </
control
Noli illegitimi carborundum

After having another look at your question on a new day Smile

Where abouts do you want to list the genre - As info for a movie in a media view or as a list of avail genres

Same idea as suggested in previous post but simpler, for each and every genre you want to show -

PHP Code:
<label>A</label>
<
visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,Action)</visible>

<
label>B</label>
<
visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,Sci-Fi)</visible

(2012-03-25, 07:53)Mudislander Wrote: Same idea as suggested in previous post but simpler, for each and every genre you want to show -

PHP Code:
<label>A</label>
<
visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,Action)</visible>

<
label>B</label>
<
visible>substring(ListItem.Genre,Sci-Fi)</visible

That was what I meant, but you also need the fallback substrings, like "SciFi", "ScienceFiction", "Sci-Fi" and some more...and this will be terrible...especially as you have to get this into a list...
I could also create playlists.
you can create a link between a new button with the folder containing the movie.
example: click on action and opens the folder with the action film
@bastia:
There is no need to c&p your request that you posted twice in the other thread here and additionally write the same as PM and to open a new seperate thread...I saw this question and will respond to it when I have time for it...spamming the forums does not speed up the answer...

Also as I said in the other thread, it's hard for the people taht want to help you when change your/the concept of how your goals shall be achieved. You should decide whether you want to have a sources with different genres or smartplaylists...That is important to know as the way from what you have to do, differs quite a lot.

mad-max

sorry for my insistence.
I would like to create a source with different genres.
For example, if you click on the video-file-source add-etc
Where can I find the folder containing the Movies_Folder?

<item id="10">
<label> 20342 </ label>
<onclick> ActivateWindow (Videos, MovieTitles, return) </ onclick>
<icon> special :/ / skins / backgrounds / videos.jpg </ icon> <thumb> $ INFO [Skin.String (Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)] </ thumb>
<visible> Skin.HasSetting (HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent (Movies) </ visible>
</ item>
(2012-03-28, 10:53)bastia Wrote: Where can I find the folder containing the Movies_Folder?

<item id="10">
<label> 20342 </ label>
<onclick> ActivateWindow (Videos, MovieTitles, return) </ onclick>
<icon> special :/ / skins / backgrounds / videos.jpg </ icon> <thumb> $ INFO [Skin.String (Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)] </ thumb>
<visible> Skin.HasSetting (HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent (Movies) </ visible>
</ item>

"Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder" will be where every you have set it. When you change the background in settings and point to an image or folder of images, you're changing the location of" Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder"

thanks
+ Library.HasContent (Movies) where it is?
(2012-03-28, 11:11)bastia Wrote: thanks
+ Library.HasContent (Movies) where it is?

Thats just a setting to say you have added movies to your database, like when you first install xbmc and in settings the hide movies button is greyed out then " Library.HasContent (Movies) " is false. After you've added movies to your database " Library.HasContent (Movies) " is true.

I created a new button on 'home cartons.
how do I get the same features of the button movie?
ie if I click on the button boxes should open the folder with cartoons
Easiest thing would be add folder as a source, create a playlist to browse that source and then the onclick for your new button

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/Name of Your Playlist.xsp)</onclick>

I have tried to create the playlist but I would like to create the path as the button movie is that possible? thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Could possible to change sort name of genre?0