Win How do you edit a Video Source? Imported Library Is NON-Editable
Exclamation 
I created a Video Source comprised of several hard drive locations on a Windows share network.

However, XMBC Eden RC2 isn't picking up any new movies when it scans. I want to go in and edit the source, but when I right click the source, it doesn't show any edit or even delete source options?
Bring up the context menu (press c on a keyboard or menu on a remote) and then select edit source
(2012-03-24, 19:39)prae5 Wrote: Bring up the context menu (press c on a keyboard or menu on a remote) and then select edit source

Thanks, that's the same as right-clicking correct?

Here's what I do:

Videos > (submenu) Files

From here, I can see "My Movies" which is the name of a source I created. If I right click or press "C", I get this menu:
  • Play
  • Add to favorites
  • Mark as unwatched
  • Mark as watched
  • Update Library
  • Now playing...

But there's no option to "Edit Source" or "Edit Library" or even "Edit Content"?

I wish there was a "command map" or something similar to a site map that websites use so people can find where certain commands are buried Undecided Esp, since it seems Eden seems to have moved everything around from what we're used to from version 10.

UPDATE:

Ok, I think I found the issue. I have 2 HTPC machines. One of them is also the media server and has Windows shares and is on 24/7. What I did was export that machine's XBMC library so I could import it into the other HTPC and save time from having to scrape all that data again (it takes a LONG TIME, I have about 2000 files).

So, I noticed that the imported library is stored like this:

Quote:Videos
=> (submenu) Files
=> => My Movies

However, there is another "files" command in the same level, like this:

=> (submenu) Files
=> => My Movies
=> => Files

If I go into Files again and create another "My Movies 2" source, I do get the "edit . . ." context menus.

What I had to do was delete my library and just create a new one that way. Now, everything updates properly. I had to create something like this:

=> (submenu) Files
=> => My Movies
=> => Files
=> => => My Movies 2

However, is there a way to import a library and still have it be editable and be able to update?

It seems like imported libraries are treated differently than ones you create. Anyone have a lot of experience with using imported libraries, maybe share some thoughts or ideas?
Take a crack at MYSQL centralized/shared library? that way whatever you update to one it will be the same acroos the board and sync thumbnails , that way you scrape once, and download/generate thumbs once and share them with multiple xbmc install. I have 5 htpcs syncd that way

Wiki page on how to sync mulitple htpcs http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries
On any skin, when I go to Video --> Files, and press "c" I just get this:

I can't find any way to edit or remove a source.
(2012-04-15, 01:55)DesertRain Wrote: On any skin, when I go to Video --> Files, and press "c" I just get this:

You don't have any sources, otherwise the option of 'Add Videos' would say 'Files'. You would then go into 'Files', which would list your sources which you could then edit.
(2012-04-15, 02:08)DLeavy Wrote:
(2012-04-15, 01:55)DesertRain Wrote: On any skin, when I go to Video --> Files, and press "c" I just get this:

You don't have any sources, otherwise the option of 'Add Videos' would say 'Files'. You would then go into 'Files', which would list your sources which you could then edit.

Not sure what you mean. I have a tv source and a movie source set up, totaling about 2 TB. I just want to edit the movie source so I can change which scraper is used.

I can post a screen cast later if it helps.
Your screenshot didn't show a files option, so I am assuming there are no sources defined. Your screenshot is of Library Views, not sources.

Curious how you don't have a Files option, yet you have library views. Did you delete your sources but then chose the option to not remove them from your library when you deleted them?

Just guessing here.
No you don't. My guess is you previously did, but then blew it away and imported your db from elsewhere without first setting up the sources.

Setup the sources and all will be fine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Ah! That would do it too.
(2012-03-28, 21:39)cruzannavy Wrote: Take a crack at MYSQL centralized/shared library? that way whatever you update to one it will be the same acroos the board and sync thumbnails , that way you scrape once, and download/generate thumbs once and share them with multiple xbmc install. I have 5 htpcs syncd that way

Wiki page on how to sync mulitple htpcs http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW..._libraries

Been trying to do that for the past 2 nights, no success Sad

Are the instructions in the Wiki complete? I also found this guide:

http://www.howtogeek.com/75535/how-to-sy...with-xbmc/

But I don't think XBMC is communicated with MYSQL. When I do this command:

Code:
SHOW DATABASES;

All I get is:

Code:
-information_schema
-mysql
-performance_scheme
-test

It seems like my XBMC is still creating the database locally. I followed this guide to the letter and my advancedsettings.xml looks like this:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<musicdatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.0.6</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</musicdatabase>
</advancedsettings>

The only thing I can think of is that I'm not using any music libraries at all, but I don't think that can screw it up?

What do you think?
Post a debug log (wiki) - you'll be able to see if it's communicating with MySQL.
(2012-04-18, 22:59)DLeavy Wrote: Post a debug log (wiki) - you'll be able to see if it's communicating with MySQL.

Thanks, I figured out what was wrong. I copied and pasted this text directly from the tutorial:

Code:
CREATE USER ‘xbmc’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘xbmc’;

GRANT ALL ON *.* TO ‘xbmc’;

The problem is that the text uses open and close quotation marks instead of apostrophes. So, my MYSQL had no account to log into!

I did the same commands with apostrophes and voila, it works!

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do you edit a Video Source? Imported Library Is NON-Editable0