Issues installing Eden over Dharma
I have 2 instances of XBMC (each on Windows 7) running in the house and wanted to upgrade. Backed up the userdata folders, installed Eden...

PC1 - Default XBMC skin, sounds = successful install.

PC2 - Alaska skin (forget which at the moment), "custom" start-up sound = install failure. Eden appears to install correctly but when I start XBMC, I see the old skin and hear the old startup sound. I can't read any of the errors/info as they're all stacked on each other. It then locks up a few seconds later and I need to kill the process.

I then renamed the XBMC folder in both Program Files and appdata\roaming, re-installed Eden and imported the old library all without a problem.

Do I have to restore XBMC's default settings before upgrading? Seems kind of silly that something like a skin or startup sound would botch an install... or did I just miss something obvious? (If I did, I'm prepared to be called an idiot and told to RTFM Big Grin )

Anyway, whether it's a bug or I'm an idiot, I want to thank everyone involved with the development of XBMC. You rock!!
Not sure that Alaska is current with Eden.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Maybe the installer could always set the skin to default to avoid this? For those that are technically challenged (or worse), this could save some frustrations and possibly a few panic attacks. Laugh

We don't want to mess with the users options if not absolutely necessary (e.g. if an option is removed or replaced) because it will be very confusing for most ppl to update to the latest version and having to reconfigure some things because they were overwritten bei the update process. An idea might be to check on startup if the current skin is compatible with the installation and if not, switch to the default skin and show a warning/error message.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues installing Eden over Dharma0