Kodi doesn't recognize IRTrans anymore?
Would you be so kind to share your answer? I've installed the latest IRTrans driver (6.10.21 from september 2014), but that didn't fix it...
First of all to all of you complaining that your accounts in our Forum are not yet activated: Please read the instructions during Registration. We only activate People who get in touch by email after they registered their account.

Secondly to the issue of XBMC/Kodi: This is caused by the renaming of XBMC to Kodi. The IRServer searches for XBMC during Startup and consequently does not find anything when you are running Kodi. We will adress the issue with our next IRServer release as Marcus said. Until then drose25 has already posted a solution: Redirect the search yourself and recompile.

best regards,
Eric
(2015-08-12, 16:26)mcwieger Wrote: Would you be so kind to share your answer? I've installed the latest IRTrans driver (6.10.21 from september 2014), but that didn't fix it...

I Got this Working (on Windows) By Simply Renaming ''Kodi.exe'' to ''XBMC.exe'' in the Program Files Folder then Restarting IRTrans

Worked for me, & Havent caused me any issues. Big Grin
Thanks all for your replies and sharing the solution(s). It's a bit frustrating to see that people resolved the issue, but don't share the solution :-)

As I'm not an experienced Kodi user/developer, Drose25's solution is desribed in not enough detail for me to implement myself, so I'll try Trotter81's solution for the short term and update to the latest IRTrans when released.
Well, there's an even easier solution. Just open up the binary with vim, and replace xbmc.bin with kodi.bin (Luckily they kept the same amount of letters!)
How is opening a binary file I need to locate first with a tool I don't have installed and replacing a text string (?) with another text string easier then renaming one file name? Wink

I'm pretty tech savvy, but not interested in mastering every tool or application, so I'll stick to what's working now...Sleepy
My fix was aimed more at the people running Linux. (It wouldn't work on Windows anyway, since I'm only replacing the name of the linux kodi binary.)

On an openelec box for instance, it's not really feasible to rename the kodi binary since that would break the normal working of the box, and would be negated with the next update anyway.

The irtrans binary I'm talking about is irserver64, the program you run to get irtrans working with kodi.

And vim is simply a text editor (present by default on most Linux distributions.)
Check!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi doesn't recognize IRTrans anymore?0