Win New HTPC Build...XBMC super laggy..10.1 or 11.0
Sad 
Hey Guys,

I am a long time user of XBMC and I just recently built a new HTPC. I am using a Radeon 7750 and a AMD quad-core with 8 gb of memory.

For some reason XBMC is super laggy within the menus. I have not gotten a chance to test video playback yet but I can only assume it is also laggy. I have tried just about every combination of options in the menu regarding hardware acceleration and rendering to no avail. I also tried installing the 10.1 release to see if that made it any better and it did not help.

Here is my debug log:
http://pastebin.com/d8JVTJC7

Thanks a lot for the help!
I'm gonna assume you've got the ATI drivers fully installed.
Reading through that debug log, (I'm not great with them), it reads as though perhaps fullscreen windowed is enabled. What happens if you run in true fullscreen mode instead of windowed?

Quote:171. 00:34:38 T:1464 M:4294967295 DEBUG:CWinSystemWin32::SetFullScreen (windowed fullscreen) on screen 0 with size 1360x768, refresh 60.000000
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
@Jaredwooden-
If you haven't update the latest AMD driver, you can update it from here- AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver. AMD GPU seems to work better with these settings:

1. Select the recommended screen resolution in W7 control panel
2. These are XBMC video settings-

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
True fullscreen (not windowed) definitely helps performance-wise.

Also, search the forum or wiki for <enabledirtyregions> to reduce CPU load when using the menus.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
bluray,
The issues the OP is asking about would not be solved by any of the setting you have screenshot of - those only affect playback, not menus - menus are the only thing the OP asked about.

Also, be cognoscente that many of the video playback setting can cause problems with some displays - specifically sync and refresh items.

The OP's issue is likely a problematic driver, video card problem, and/or a Windows config issue. I would suggest what DDD said... <enabledirtyregions>, though, with the hardware he is running it should not need it.

I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
agree with Livin - those settings in bluray's post have nothing to do with menus (except the true fullscreen I mentioned).

Here's a link to the wiki page on advancedsettings.xml - some tags to look at are:
<enabledirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>
<useddsfanart>
<allowd3d9ex>
<forced3d9ex>

They are tweaks that can help or hurt, and I've ordered them from most helpful to least. And as Livin says, your hardware is very good, so these are just tweaks and your video drivers are important here. Make sure your DirectX version is up-to-date as well. There's a tool called dxdiag.exe built into Windows that can help there, just type it into your win start menu search bar.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-03-25, 20:25)Livin Wrote: bluray,
The issues the OP is asking about would not be solved by any of the setting you have screenshot of - those only affect playback, not menus - menus are the only thing the OP asked about.

Also, be cognoscente that many of the video playback setting can cause problems with some displays - specifically sync and refresh items.

The OP's issue is likely a problematic driver, video card problem, and/or a Windows config issue. I would suggest what DDD said... <enabledirtyregions>, though, with the hardware he is running it should not need it.
That is why the first thing I suggested is to install the latest driver from the link I posted. Since he is having problem with slow menus, he'll probably have problem playback too. The screen shots I posted will point him to the right direction.....

@Jaredwooden-
Before you do anything, you need to make sure that the latest driver from post #3 for your GPU is installed....and you can playback movie "as is" after the latest driver is installed. You can go from there.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTPC Build...XBMC super laggy..10.1 or 11.00