Very slow / stalling performance, despite VLC having no problems
I'm using a HP NL36 Microserver (very weak 1.3ghz dual core CPU) - however I have an AMD / ATI HD 6450 1gb card which should be helping with acceleration.
Machine is Windows 7, 64bit fully patched.

VLC plays back things fine, however XBMC is being sluggish and I'm unsure why. I'm in 1920x1080 over HDMI
I've attempted software decoding (as expected, abysmal performance) I've also tried Pixel Shader which was still terrible.
As for DXVA / DXVA2 I've ticked it to enabled (it already was) and I've forced the video playback engine to use DXVA as default, not auto detect.

When doing this, it seems /sometimes/ the movies can play back ok, however if I skip around it just completely sits there locked up, almost as if it's pre-buffering 500mb of video or something in to some kind of cache.
Any suggestions? Are these the only 3 options I can 'fiddle with' to manipulate the performance of the video?

This card is freshly installed today, so I'm fairly new to the features of it, perhaps I need to adjust something in the ATI drivers (although, I would expect it would be on as default to accelerate video?)
Using the brand new build of 11 released today.
I had some issues in this regard some time ago... after I updated my graphic card driver. I'm a few (if not many) updates behind for the graphic card.. but it works well. The old adage if it's not broke don't fix it' comes to mind. In your case it may very well be a graphic driver issue. Make sure you have all the fancy per-processesing video turned off in the CCC.
I'd like to apologise, I should've come back to this thread (infact maybe I posted twice and it's elsewhere)
Suffice to say the problem was Dameware mini remote control video driver. Totally butchered XBMC
Once un-installed, worked fine - Logmein continues to work fine.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Very slow / stalling performance, despite VLC having no problems0