• 69(current)
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script
(2013-07-24, 16:19)loukoumelos Wrote: Hang in there is just coffee deprivation

First warning. No 1channel discussion on our forum and you should follow our rules.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
And you guys should be more polite, even when someone is doing something wrong..
You are not following the rules... What do you want us to do? Stop the arguments and stop spamming the thread. And of story, if you have something constructive to add, add it... Otherwise , thanks for coming in and come back when you have a real problem.

Thanks
Hello,
I have read some of you saying that can get sub from legendasdivx... well i have the same problem here... i have frodo12.2 and when i try to download the legend it stops when extracting.... Any tip?
Same problem here. And yes, I have xbmc in english. It extracts the sub from LegendasDivx but stops after. XBMC Frodo 12.2 Android.
Hi, I'm kindda new here, so patience will be much thanked and appreciated.

My issue is - after finding the addon in search and clicking it - whenever I hit the INSTALL button , it takes me back to the installed subtitles addon window, the "Downloading... 0%" text line flashes for a fraction of a moment and dissappears immediately. Then, I click on the addon again and the INSTALL button is still available for click, thus, it didn't get installed.

I uploaded a log file (learning how to do so by guessing...) : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40822

I have searched for the forum for over an hour without finding any similarities to my issues, so if I accidently missed a post (and furthermore - a resolvement) I will appreciate a link to it and I offer my sincer apology.

Hope I didn't ruin anyone's day...
(2013-07-30, 16:16)toysrus Wrote: Hi, I'm kindda new here, so patience will be much thanked and appreciated.

My issue is - after finding the addon in search and clicking it - whenever I hit the INSTALL button , it takes me back to the installed subtitles addon window, the "Downloading... 0%" text line flashes for a fraction of a moment and dissappears immediately. Then, I click on the addon again and the INSTALL button is still available for click, thus, it didn't get installed.

I uploaded a log file (learning how to do so by guessing...) : http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=40822

I have searched for the forum for over an hour without finding any similarities to my issues, so if I accidently missed a post (and furthermore - a resolvement) I will appreciate a link to it and I offer my sincer apology.

Welcome. This problem happens sometimes.
Quickest way to solve this is delete the addons*.db fromthe userdata (wiki) folder and reboot XBMC.
After that you can try install it again.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-07-30, 16:18)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-07-30, 16:16)toysrus Wrote: Hi, I'm kindda new here, so patience will be much thanked and appreciated.

Welcome. This problem happens sometimes.
Quickest way to solve this is delete the addons*.db fromthe userdata (wiki) folder and reboot XBMC.
After that you can try install it again.

Worked exactly like you replied.
Thank you very much Martijn!!
Hello. I got my first android (ouya) a week ago and I can confirm that something is wrong with LegendasDivx. I'll fix it ASAP.

Cheers!
Star 
(2013-08-06, 23:38)HiGhLaNdeR Wrote: Hello. I got my first android (ouya) a week ago and I can confirm that something is wrong with LegendasDivx. I'll fix it ASAP.

Cheers!

Thanks Highlander!!
Help will be very appreciate!!
Cheers!! Wink
Really great addon, congratulations and many thanks!

As a developper, I've been able to add some subtitle providers (but with a weak html parsing logic ...) as I've understand your rules require subtitle site administrator agreement, I will see this later.

This is not my main question, I wonder why this subtitle feature is not integrated directly to xbmc core! I don't understand the purpose of a "xbmc.python.subtitles" add on type which need to buid some gui to work, it would be nice to have some "subtitle provider service" add on type directly managed by xbmc, so adding or updating providers can be done directly throw xbmc add on management.

But this is perhaps much more an xbmc feature enhancement than a xbmc subtitle question!
(2013-08-11, 11:16)rimram31 Wrote: Really great addon, congratulations and many thanks!

As a developper, I've been able to add some subtitle providers (but with a weak html parsing logic ...) as I've understand your rules require subtitle site administrator agreement, I will see this later.

This is not my main question, I wonder why this subtitle feature is not integrated directly to xbmc core! I don't understand the purpose of a "xbmc.python.subtitles" add on type which need to buid some gui to work, it would be nice to have some "subtitle provider service" add on type directly managed by xbmc, so adding or updating providers can be done directly throw xbmc add on management.

But this is perhaps much more an xbmc feature enhancement than a xbmc subtitle question!

Hi,

its not my rules Smile , I would not touch it unless site admin has agreed to it.... you are welcome to do as you like. if it gets pulled into main addon and site admin contacts me to remove it, i will.

as for the service modules in XBMC, I have been there and done that... see below...

1st try:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1444 , way to many negative things happened in this one.... Smile

2nd try:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/2225 , this was to have a hidden addon window that acts as link between core and service addons, as you can see no luck on that one either Smile

3rd try:
https://github.com/amet/xbmc/commit/77ba...f42265aabc , this was moving window into core and allowing link to the service add ons... way too much red tape to go through... Smile

so it took me years but I have finally given up on trying to add subtitle search into main core, its obvious that noone has a need for it in Core and its not considered to be standard feature needed.
(2013-08-11, 14:08)amet Wrote: ...as for the service modules in XBMC, I have been there and done that... see below...
Understood your efforts, sorry for my naive question ...
Unfortunate most of the movies are in English language or it would be a xbmc feature. The need for subs is not for the core team of xbmc so why would the core insert the subs module?
Like in the world there are powerful people and poor people Wink We are the poor people!
Just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
(2013-08-11, 21:28)HiGhLaNdeR Wrote: ... The need for subs is not for the core team of xbmc so why would the core insert the subs module?

I wish I was a core team-xbmc....

I disagree, I think that there are many uses for subs even on English movies. forced subs, heard of hearing... me being lazy to listen and always watching with English subs on Smile

thing is, it would make service submission so much easier. as you know, now it needs to be submitted to my github repo and then I push it up to official repo. also, every time ondertitel is updated people that don't even use it get updates, its annoying ... but it is what it is
  • 69(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script6