(2012-04-28 20:30)amet Wrote:
(2012-04-28 20:27)necronomicon Wrote:
(2012-04-28 20:09)necronomicon Wrote: Yep, 100% ASCII. Let me try this and get back to you.
Ok, so this seems to be working in some cases, but not in all of them. Subtitles that are unzipped in the temp folder usually look like "New Girl 1x20 - Normal (EspaÃ±ol (EspaÃ±a)).srt" and are not successfully processed (so you are definitely narrowing down the encoding issue)
I'm using mainly two providers: OpenSubtitles.org and Subdivx (for Spanish subtitles both of them), and I've noticed that some filenames avoid non-ASCII characters and others don't.
Again, it seems you are going down the right path with the fix above... let me know if you want me to test any other modification.
Would be interesting to see tha failure while using those files. It would help narrow down where it fails and fix it
Ok, let me try to see what I can do. The problem now is that I was able to download all of the missing subtitles using either "opensubtitles" or "subdivx" (alternating between both providers depending on whether one or the other was failing with the encoding issue...), so now I can't remember which one was giving me this headache
Let me get back to you as soon as I can catch an example.
Something I did notice after applying your fix was that all of the sudden some of the subtitles that I had downloaded but failed to process where successfully processed without having to redownload.