OS X Frodo Alpha2 audio problems (out of sync)
Hi,
After using Eden stable without any problems for quite some time i wanted to try some of the new stuff and installed Frodo Alpha2 this weekend on my Mac Mini (2009).
Now i have some problems with audio.
When playing an movie with MP3 sound (e.g. 500.Days.Of.Summer.BDRip.XviD-ARiGOLD.avi in the debug log, but tested with all kind of movies) it plays with sound clearly out of sync.
But when i play a movie with DTS sound (e.g. Project.X.2012.EXTENDED.720p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE.mkv in the debug log) it plays perfect, only then when i exit the movie i haven't got any sound when returning to the UI, or playing another movie with MP3 sound, playing another movie with DTS sound plays fine again.
Only thing i can do to fix the UI and MP3 movie sound is exit XBMC and start it again.

I've got my Mac Mini connected with optical on a DTS/AC3 capable receiver (and thus enabled those in audio settings).

Debug log here, hope someone knows what's wrong.
Your advancedsettings.xml is messed up.

Code:
ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 15
69.                                            Error reading end tag.

Try to set your audio output to 2.0 in XBMC and retry with mp3 audio. Does this fix it?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-06-12, 11:53)Memphiz Wrote: Your advancedsettings.xml is messed up.

Code:
ERROR: Error loading special://profile/advancedsettings.xml, Line 15
69.                                            Error reading end tag.

Try to set your audio output to 2.0 in XBMC and retry with mp3 audio. Does this fix it?

Thanx for your reply, i fixed my advancedsettings.xml.

With audio output set to 2.0 there's not difference, still same issue.
What else can i try?

[edit] rolled back to 12.0-ALPHA1 and all is good again. Somethings weird in alpha2, but i find it strange i'm the only one.
Subtle kick, as i'm afraid this issue will otherwise still be in the next alpha(3).
I've also seen similar issues.
I forgot to mention i use OSX 10.6.8 and not the (as it seems) troubled 10.7.4.

Between Eden Stable and Frodo Apha2 something changed which is causing this problem, hope i can troubleshoot some more to help find the cause.
we introduced a completly new audio engine after eden - so pretty sure there changed "something". Basically everything according to audio changed Wink. It needs some more cycles until the bugs are ironed out in the audio stuff...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Damn, i was so i eager to try the new alpha 3, but i found out this bug is still there.
Even worse now. When trying to play a movie with MP3 sound after a DTS one, the mp3 movie stutters like crazy.
Exiting XBMC and playing the mp3 movie to start with works fine. Looks like AudioEngine for OSX is not very stable yet.

[edit] got XBMC to crash after playing the DTS movie again after the stuttering mp3 movie.
Crashreporter log here.
After this crash i also haven't got any sound in OSX. After reboot it's back again.
ÍI at least fixed the crash - try the next nightly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo Alpha2 audio problems (out of sync)0