xbmc(airplay) on mac cube (10.4.11)
Congrats on releasing 11.0. Granted I am a newbie to xbmc. I'm trying to send airplay of a podcast from my macbook pro running Lion to an old ppc mac (cube) running 10.4.11.
The cube shows up in the airplay list on the macbook pro but when I try to select the cube I get the message :The Airplay device "XBMC (System.local)" is not compatible with this version of iTunes.

Am I missing something?

So close!

George

What iTunes version are you running?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
The version of itunes on the mac pro is 10.6 (40)

George
Whoops.. (64 bit)

George
Are you trying to stream music or a video?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
not video.. audio podcast....

George
might be that libshairport has issues on ppc (big endian is tricky when not handled right)... though fyi we will drop ppc support soon (as apples current development tools don't support ppc anymore)...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Understood but too bad as airplay was my single driving reason for trying xbmc.

George
Then you have to find a dev with a ppc for working the bugs out of libshairport. But tbh maybe its time for some replacement for the mac cube *ducking* Wink
Ouch <grin>.... Well.. I was hoping as that old cube was the quietest machine I've ever owned..
Maybe I should replace it with a Raspberry Pi?

Thanks for looking into this.

George
Might be a good and cheap replacement Wink
Hi,
I got the exact same error message from on Itunes while running Itunes 10.06 and XBMC both on WINDOWS 7 64 bits SP1. I'm trying to send audio (music) over AirPlay to XBMC 12.0 Alpha 4. CPU is Intel Core i3.
So I don't suppose ppc support has anything to do with my error message, yet I can't stream to XBMC either, with the same error message.
System: XBMC HTPC with USB WASAPI & AudioEngine - Musical Fidelity V-DAC II 24/94 or ESI Audiotrak Dr. DAC Nano SPIDF interface
(2012-03-27, 16:06)rachorg Wrote: Ouch <grin>.... Well.. I was hoping as that old cube was the quietest machine I've ever owned..
Maybe I should replace it with a Raspberry Pi?

Thanks for looking into this.

George

(2012-03-27, 16:24)Memphiz Wrote: Might be a good and cheap replacement Wink

Buy the Raspberry Pi, put it inside the cube and pretend its the cube. No one has to know Wink
(2012-07-17, 18:07)Fracino Wrote: Hi,
I got the exact same error message from on Itunes while running Itunes 10.06 and XBMC both on WINDOWS 7 64 bits SP1. I'm trying to send audio (music) over AirPlay to XBMC 12.0 Alpha 4. CPU is Intel Core i3.
So I don't suppose ppc support has anything to do with my error message, yet I can't stream to XBMC either, with the same error message.

Post a log from XBMC on windows - activate debugging in settings->system->debugging and itunesdebug in advancedsettings.xml (see the wiki) before starting the log.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc(airplay) on mac cube (10.4.11)0