Hard Drive Set up HELP Please
Hi everyone

Really need advice regarding how to best set out my hard drives for ease of use and convenience with XBMC

ATM i have a 1 tb NAS
Iomega 1 TB screenplay external drive
WD essentials 3tb drive

I am not sure how to set up a good xbmc home system, i currently use a laptop for watching everything and connect the usb drives to my laptop, however i have now connected a good pc with 500gb storage to my LCD and would like to start using xbmc on it.

I have about 2.4 tb of data on my WD drive and i have partial back ups on the others, what is the best way for me to maintain my drives while having a constant backup when adding new filesHuh

ATM i spend too much time on organizing the drives that i never get to even watch them through XBMC anymore as its just a hassle, but of course XBMC is class when working so would love some advice. Should i organise all the files onto the 1 pc and work of that?? What back up programs should i use??

Any help would be very very appreciated

Thanks
Rob
I would expand the NAS and consolidate everything to one location. That really makes life easier.
What program are you using to organize your file/folder structure? i personally use "therenamer" but there are more automated programs to organize your media and scrape your media if you wish for you. i organize with therenamer and scrape with xbmc (tmdb scraper), well i will add the caveat of i scrape english titles only.
Hi thanks for the replies

Atm i use ember and the renamer both very good, however most of my files are tv shows so they need to be manually scraped each time in ember which is very time consuming Sad

For some reason my xbmc has never scraped my files at all only displays stuff i did through ember

I have decided to put my 1tb nas into my desktop to increas it memory as a part location for my backup was hoping to use it as my main source and share over network, however im only get 1mb speeds and the router (100mps) and computer are 2 metres away and in same room. Its crazy slow, seems im having no luck atm. I could never tranfer all the files over the air as i download them from my laptop, would take forever

Any ideas where im going wrong?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hard Drive Set up HELP Please0