How to automatically launch a plugin
Is there any way to automatically launch a plugin when XBMC is started? I mainly only use XBMC for one plugin and it would be great if it just launched the plugin right away - I could then exit out of the plugin as normal if I wanted to use something else.

Any ideas?
You can have an onload command in your home.xml that launches the Addon at startup...

You need <onload> and RunAddon(Addon.id)

Sorry for not giving you a ready solution...currently online with tapatalk
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
(2012-03-25, 17:10)Gavinny Wrote: Is there any way to automatically launch a plugin when XBMC is started? I mainly only use XBMC for one plugin and it would be great if it just launched the plugin right away - I could then exit out of the plugin as normal if I wanted to use something else.

Any ideas?
I thought that you might be interest in this thread- Customizing Windows for XBMC......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-03-25, 17:57)mad-max Wrote: You can have an onload command in your home.xml that launches the Addon at startup...

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks a lot!
Glad I could help...
So I assume it's working?
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
You could also create a small service addon which would give you slightly more control at the expense of a little more complexity
(2012-03-26, 19:09)mad-max Wrote: Glad I could help...
So I assume it's working?

Yep, got it working on my Apple TV 2. I'll still see the normal XBMC interface for a second or two but then the plugin starts. Thanks again!
(2012-03-26, 19:17)Bstrdsmkr Wrote: You could also create a small service addon which would give you slightly more control at the expense of a little more complexity

I would also go with this approach. When you edit the skin directly you'll lose any custom changes if the skin gets automatically updated by the addon system.
(2012-03-25, 17:57)mad-max Wrote: You can have an onload command in your home.xml that launches the Addon at startup...

This had been working great but after a clean install, I can't get it to work now. I've added it to Home.xml inside the confluence-vertical skin folder (I'm using Confluence). It isn't launched the plugin Sad Any ideas? I've been trying for two hours to get it to work again Smile
Hi I would really like to do this as well. I'm confused about how to make service addon. Is there a guide about how to make a service addon to start specific plugins?
did anyone ever figure this out? I'd like to be able to do the same thing
I would like to be able to do this as well without modifying the skin if possible.

Thanks,
Scott
No need to modify the skin or create a service add-on. Just create a file named autoexec.py in your userdata (wiki) directory and it will execute whatever is in its contents upon XBMC startup.

For example, if you wish to launch the TED Talks video add-on, your autoexec.py would contain the following:
Code:
import xbmc
xbmc.executebuiltin( "ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://plugin.video.ted.talks)" )

NOTES: If you're running Linux, be sure to grant executable permission to your autoexec.py file. If you're running Windows, be sure your text editor did not surreptitiously add a ".txt" extension to your autoexec.py file.

Now, when you launch XBMC, it will display the home page briefly and then it will launch the specified add-on automatically. When you close the add-on, you'll be returned to the XBMC home page.
That worked perfectly, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to automatically launch a plugin0