XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep
(2012-04-09, 10:30)Hoox Wrote: So, it could seem like it's a bug introduced in Eden Final regarding Windows 7 (x86/x64) and AMD E350/E450 APU. Maybe related to the HD6300 series GPU used?

I agree this bug is introduced in the final 11.0 release.

At the moment I use eventghost to exit xbmc on exit and start on wakeup. but love to get this problem sorted in future releases
Different config - same issue. I have i3, W7 Ultimate x64, connected to Denon through HDMI and further to Panny plasma (WASAPI). I tried final Eden Final, AE branch version, betas - to no avail.

I cannot replicate the issue 100% of the time. I noticed it is more likely to happen when TV/AVR is either off or on a wrong input, in other works when the HDMI output is missing for the HTPC. My best guess would be that it has something to do with the graphics/sound card driver that fails when trying to output to a missing HDMI.

As a workaround, I use PowerTriggers (mentioned in some other thread by a guy with a similar issue by the way) that turn off XBMC right before sleep and start it upon resume. It works alright and pretty much seamless but I hope this gets fixed some time though.

If anyone would want to take a look at my log, I'll be happy to post one.
I'm not using eventghost as I got a RC6 remote and do not need it.
I was not aware of PowerTriggers. Will try that as a workaround. Thanks!
I've seen the same problem, intermittently on my much older setup. In my case XBMC freezes after waking from sleep and I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to kill it. I see XBMC on screen, but cannot do anything with it.

Doesnt happen every time, only maybe 1 in 3 wake ups...

W7 x32, Core2duo E6750
I have a different config (old pieces, a core2 celeron cpu and nvidia 8400GT card) but the problem is the same. Eden 'AppHang' short after waking up from sleep mode.
Never had any problem with 10.1 and my PC config (drivers etc.) did not change. Win7 x32.
I got this issue too in the final release.
MSI e350 mitx system (4gb Kingston, OCZ SSD )

only 1/2 resumes crashes the system completely.
it never happens when closing xbmc before sleep.
(2012-04-10, 09:24)gregnukem Wrote: Different config - same issue. I have i3, W7 Ultimate x64, connected to Denon through HDMI and further to Panny plasma (WASAPI). I tried final Eden Final, AE branch version, betas - to no avail.

I cannot replicate the issue 100% of the time. I noticed it is more likely to happen when TV/AVR is either off or on a wrong input, in other works when the HDMI output is missing for the HTPC. My best guess would be that it has something to do with the graphics/sound card driver that fails when trying to output to a missing HDMI.

As a workaround, I use PowerTriggers (mentioned in some other thread by a guy with a similar issue by the way) that turn off XBMC right before sleep and start it upon resume. It works alright and pretty much seamless but I hope this gets fixed some time though.

If anyone would want to take a look at my log, I'll be happy to post one.

Hi there.

My suggestion is to try here

My problem was that I was losing the HDMI handshake and constanly kept getting a blank screen. I know that this is not a sleep issue like you having, but I suspect it is and HDMI issue.

Just for reference, my setup is an HP Microserver with WHS2011, XBMC Eden > Yamaha RX-V2067 > Panasonic Plasma all via HDMI.

Give it a bash. Will take you 5 mins.

My 2 cents worth

getafix,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I will try it out as soon as I get to the HTPC and report back Smile
any devs on this? seems to affect most amd e-350 users.
,me too pals, crash when i back from sleep.
Windows 7 x64 and Eden
i5 2500k - Gigabyte z68 ud2h
I'm having this issue as well. E-350 user on the Zotac AD10. Pretty annoying actually...

I tried using Power Triggers like others recommended in this thread. It works, but for some reason, when it reloads XBMC, it loads a version that doesn't have ANY of my settings saved. It's like a blank, clean install of XBMC. My movies/tv shows/music/settings are all missing.

If I Exit XBMC, and reload the icon on my desktop (which power triggers is pointed to), it will load XBMC correctly with all my settings intact. Does anyone know how to fix this? If I can get this to work, then this will be an acceptable workaround as it only introduces maybe an additional 5 seconds of loading.
chacolla, this happens because it's being run as different users.
The solution for me was to run XBMC as a portable install (xbmc.exe -p) so all users would use the same settings dir.
chacolla, Hoox,

I am using a little different option than Hoox suggests. I'm not around my HTPC right now, so can't guarantee the exact names of the various tabs/options. But as far as I can remember, you've got to choose something like "service account" where you have xbmc.exe loaded upon system resume. Well, it works for me (loads XBMC with my profile).

(Still haven't had a chance to try out getafix's fix Smile )
I tried that and now it won't even load at all. It closes it down successfully, but upon resume, I'm just staring at my desktop.
(2012-04-26, 00:28)chacolla Wrote: I tried that and now it won't even load at all. It closes it down successfully, but upon resume, I'm just staring at my desktop.

Try adding some delay right after resume from sleep, but prior to loading XBMC (100ms - 1000ms).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep0