XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep
My advice is to reboot XBMC every day and be done with it. Save you hours of chasing your tail around these useless forums and installing crap like XBMC Launcher.
(2013-03-31, 21:21)McGoogley Wrote: My advice is to reboot XBMC every day and be done with it. Save you hours of chasing your tail around these useless forums and installing crap like XBMC Launcher.

First warning. Show some respects.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
I have a similar problem on my XBMC running under Windows 8. It appears to occur whenever my HD has fallen asleep and I try to play something in XBMC: the application crashes. I'm experienced in debugging applications, but haven't done so in this case yet because this always happens when I want to watch a movie rather than debug XBMC.

I already ran XBMC in a simple debugger to log what exceptions happened before the crash. From this it appears that an unhandled std::bad_alloc::bad_alloc C++ exception is causing the crash. My machine has 8Gb of RAM and there is no logical reason why it should run out of memory at this point. I fully expect it to request an excessive amount of memory because of some logic flaw in the code, such as an integer signedness error or underflow, but I haven't fully debugged it to find out yet.

Since this bug is reproducible on a regular basis, it should not be too hard for me to create a dump and debug that later. Where can I find an XBMC developer to talk to about this bug, and provide him/her with more details about the exact crash?
Here in the forums. Just post your findings here. As we have different areas of knowledge hopefully the right developer will chime in Wink
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
FWIW, I also have this very annoying problem of an Acer Revo hanging or crashing on resume from sleep. Windows 7. Willing to do whatever I can to help others not have this problem..
(2013-07-07, 20:38)darwin Wrote: FWIW, I also have this very annoying problem of an Acer Revo hanging or crashing on resume from sleep. Windows 7. Willing to do whatever I can to help others not have this problem..

What xbmc version? Try Frodo12.2
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2013-06-13, 17:08)2A0aJTCd Wrote: I have a similar problem on my XBMC running under Windows 8. <snip>

I've since moved my files to an SMB share. Now it no longer crashes; XBMC just shows a "Working" toast in the bottom right corner forever whenever I've left it alone for a while and try to play something. My Raspberry PI running OpenELEC doesn't seem to have this problem, so I've switched to using that. Hence I will not be submitting a debug dump.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 11.0 crashes after resume from sleep0